How do I draw sprite in location without making a copy of it

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Hello,

I'm making Star Control 2 super melee (SpaceWar!, Asteroids, whatever rings the bells most! ), I have one SHIP -object that contains all my ship variations, but I'd need to draw ship image on to the GUI and I don't want to make a manual copy of it nor a copy in general because it adds extra work if I end up having dozens of ship variants.

I wish to draw the green ship (SHIP -object default animation frame 0) to the purple square in the GUI, but I have no idea how or if it is even possible. I have tried set animation with it, but it doesn't feel like it is possible... I could try writing proper code for it via Javascript SDK but I'd like to do it within the Construct 2 if it is possible.

Best Regards,

Detocroix

• I'm not sure what you want exactly but would giving the ship an instance variable and putting a copy on the square work?

You say you don't want a copy, but without a copy there is no sprite, so no animation..

But maybe I'm understanding your definition of a copy wrongly..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I could try writing proper code for it via Javascript SDK but I'd like to do it within the Construct 2 if it is possible.

that sounds pretty over the top You could just have, e.g., a boolean instance variable IsGui or similar, and check for that (negated) in all your pickings.. i.e. your sprites in the UI would have that as True. But it is a pain to have to check for that everywhere. Can't help feeling there's a 3rd party plugin that might do the job but I'm not sure ..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)