How do I create a RPG-Like Dialog-System?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • Hello !

I want to create a RPG-Like Dialog-System but i have no idea how to do that.

• The text should be displayed on an area at the bottom of the screen like this

( )

1- And on the left side of the text there also should be an image of the person who sais text.

2- the player should be able to skip the actual displayed text by pressing a button on the keyboard

3- if NPC1 asks something, the player should be able to choose between different answers

4- if the player choosed the right answer something should happen (i.e. he should get one coin)

Is there an easy way to realize that? (maybe with the using of .ini-files , if construct 2 supports that) ?

thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi spinatenpower,

Yes, it is possible to do all that and a lot more. Since a lot of this was already discussed and explained here, I'll just give you the link to those and lots of other questions that may arrive while you work with C2.

There is no easy way to learn all that. Time to read

If, after reading all the posts and the manual details related to your questions, you still have any doubts, please ask and we will try to answer the best way we can.

Cheers!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)