How do I Change the Event Sheet Used for a Layout?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
- This pack is suitable for shooting games, running games, platform games, and side-scrolling...
  • So right now my game goes like this

Main Menu ---> Level 1 ---> Level Completed Screen ---> Level Select ---> Level 2

They all mostly use seperate event sheets right now

Main Menu(Menu Sheet) ---> Level 1(Event Sheet 1) ---> Level Completed Screen(Complete Sheet) ---> Level Select(Level Select Sheet) ---> Level 2(?????)

I want Level 1 and Level 2 to share Event Sheet 1 but I can't figure out how to assign the Level 2 Layout to event sheet 1.

I would also be ok with something like this if it was needed

Main Menu(Menu Sheet) ---> Level 1(Event Sheet 1) ---> Level Completed Screen(Event Sheet 1) ---> Level Select(Event Sheet 1) ---> Level 2(Event Sheet 1)

To my knowledge, it would be possible this way because you could just tell it to go to a certain layout once something is touched or a button is pressed, but I gave them all separate event sheets. I deleted all of the seperate event sheets and added the commands on them to event sheet 1, but now they just don't work. For example:

Player On Collision with "Wall" | Go to "Level Completed" <-----This Works

(Now on Level Completed Layout) When "Back to Level Select" button is clicked | Go to "Level Select" <---- This doesn't work, and I'm assuming it's because it's on event sheet 1

tl;dr How do I set a layout to an event sheet that it wasn't originally on?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can't change and also is not needed.

In layout properties you can set the sheet, also the same sheet to more than one layer.

I think its better, if you have code that is need in more than one layout, to make a seperate sheet and include it to the main sheet of you layers.

But depends on the situation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)