How do i :animate player to scroll through sloping floor

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • hello am caught with this someone could give me an idea

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm guessing you want the camera to follow a character as it slides down? If it's a platforming game, get the Y value of your normal floor level and store that in a variable. Give your player character the ScrollTo behaviour and set it to Disabled in the player properties window. Then when you enter a sloping floor, you obviously go up or down gradually, so as soon as the player hits that block (on collision check maybe) set player -> Set enabled (in the ScrollTo section) and select the enabled state. Then you just need to add an else statement to it turning it off.

Hope this helps, .

• Your question is oddly worded, what do you mean "scroll through sloping floor"?

If you mean how do you get a player to slide down a sloped floor, you could use physics on the player then change the parameters of his mass and other things you may need, so when they land on a slanted platform they will start to slide. Or I would imagine you could check the platforms angle by doing something like, platform angle > 45 ---- do something

There many resources around the forum to find what you're looking for if what I explained wasn't what you were after.

• I want to slide thanks all

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)