How do I... Add video adds on my game

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • Hello Scirra community!

First of all, I'd like to mention this is the very first time I make a topic on these forums, so I'm a newcomer. Furthermore, English isn't even my native language, please be nice on me .

Anyway, back to the topic, me and a couple of guys are going to make a game for a subject in our Game Design career. The access to the final test of this subject requires us to get a few dollars monetizing this game. We've decided we'll make a free to play game with ads for monetizing, and we have to publish it on GooglePlay.

We made a couple of very simple games before using Construct2, but we never published nor sold anything. We were wondering if we can include video ads through some kind of plug-in. All we know is we can add banner or intestitial ads using Admob, but we're aiming to use only video ads that kick in, for example, when the player dies or whenever the player wants to get some premium currency for the game. Is it possible? Are there any tutotials that we can follow? I couldn't manage to find one on 1 hour surfing the forums (but it might be me who's super bad at searching, so excuse me if there's any thread about this subject I didn't find).

Thanks in advance for any insight!

• I've not tried it but you could try using the Video object on a layout with AdMob and test if it works as a banner after exporting with Intel XDK.

Edit: If it simply doesn't work the same as when creating a static image banner then there is something here about third-party video ad integration :

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1354/v ... ntegration

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've not tried it but you could try using the Video object on a layout with AdMob and test if it works as a banner after exporting with Intel XDK.

Edit: If it simply doesn't work the same as when creating a static image banner then there is something here about third-party video ad integration :

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1354/v ... ntegration

Thanks plinkie, we'll have to try both and see what happens. So far, if we can get some tutorial to use a plug-in to use video ads through AdMob it would also be great.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)