How do I

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • Dear CS2 Users,

We are using CS2 for a school project, but we have a little problem.

The problem:

We have a platform game in wich a character has to rename objects( sample tree). After renaming the object it won’t safe te new name.

The idea is to see the changed words at the end of the level.

Example:

I walk in a city and I’m looking at an object (a tree), i walk up to the tree and change the name in nature.

This new word for tree should be saved.

At the end of the level there will be a message with your changed words in it.

We hope you can help us .

Regards,

Sero

• It depends a lot on how you've implemented things so far, and posting (attaching to the message) your capx could help.

One way would be that the name of the object is in a text instance variable that you modify.

In an array you can keep track of all the names and UIDs of objects you've modified.

• Hi , this is the CapX file.I hope you can help us.

dropbox.com/s/u5z3wcjb7rqdacr/Project_Gamepje2.capx

Thank you very much !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can anyone help us ?

• I modified bankjegame so that it saves the entered text when you hit the Return key. Is this what you wanted?

I removed a bunch of things from you project so that I could attach it here.

• I modified bankjegame so that it saves the entered text when you hit the Return key. Is this what you wanted?

I removed a bunch of things from you project so that I could attach it here.

Hi Shirokuma,

Thanks for your help, and how can I on the end of the game get the entered word back ?

so that the player can see that it changed from Bank to Bankje ?

Regards,

Sero

• Okay, I added some text on screen.

Run over to the text and it will change to the bankjegame stored text.

Run back to bankjegame and change the text.

Run back over to the text an it will change to the new bankjegame stored text.

Repeat as may times as you like.

• Okay, I added some text on screen.

Run over to the text and it will change to the bankjegame stored text.

Run back to bankjegame and change the text.

Run back over to the text an it will change to the new bankjegame stored text.

Repeat as may times as you like.

Wow cool ! , thank you very very much ! , can i contact with you on chat or something if I have questions that i can ask you ?

I want to learn more and more.

Regards,

Sero

• You can always PM me. I'm at work right now so I can't always answer right away.

It might be safer to just post your questions on the forum. I'm still pretty new to the software. I'm using other people's question to drive my learning.

• You can always PM me. I'm at work right now so I can't always answer right away.

It might be safer to just post your questions on the forum. I'm still pretty new to the software. I'm using other people's question to drive my learning.

Oke thanks Shirokuma , now i have a other question , I do not know if I should create a new topic for a new question but here is my problem.

I have now 2 layout

1: World with house

2: The Room

Now if I walk with my character on the world and go to my house to go in than he go to the layout (The Room) and than if I go outside the room to go back to the World than it start from begin and not from the door of house

How can i fix this ? , how can i give the player the position for layout 1 ? so that the player comes out the door and not at the beginning of layout 1

what i have now is:

[attachment=0:1bceu218][/attachment:1bceu218]

• Move to a door and press the up arrow to go to the next room.

• Move to a door and press the up arrow to go to the next room.

Thanks i have used this in my game but if I set the door on level 1 and press the button space it's go to the Room and if I press space on the room than it's go back to the Level 1 but not in the good position where the character is gone, can you fix this ?

Here I have some screenshots from my game.

[attachment=0:18kioi42][/attachment:18kioi42]

[attachment=1:18kioi42][/attachment:18kioi42]

[attachment=2:18kioi42][/attachment:18kioi42]

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

Sero

• Is there another On start of layout in your Level_1_Events event sheet where you might be setting karakter's position? Can you put the project up on dropbox or google drive and private message me a link? I can take a closer look at it.

• Is there another On start of layout in your Level_1_Events event sheet where you might be setting karakter's position? Can you put the project up on dropbox or google drive and private message me a link? I can take a closer look at it.

Hello Shirokuma,

I will pm it to you but i can't i have not 500Rep

Can you PM me so that i can PM you back ?

Regards,

Sero

• Shirokuma,

Thanks for your PM , but i can't reply you. Can you send me your e-mail or Facebook to contact with you in a PM ?

Regards,

Sero

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)