How can I do a complex pathfinding route?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Hello,

My character need to walk automatically by pathfinding but I need to set more stations besides the start and finish. I could figure out that I need to use the "nodes" somehow. Check the picture to understand what I want to do and help me please because it would be a very essential thing in my game.

Thanks!

• Maybe you could split the problem up and compute the paths one at a time?

• I would use line of sight and the path finding behavior together.

When they reach station one reset to station two and so on. Clear obstacles and get line of sight every second or less in your events.

There is a pretty good path finding example included in C2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just my opinion but if you go running for a plugin every time you need to do something a little complex you are missing an opportunity to learn how the behaviors work and you will struggle more in the future when things don't work and you have to debug your events.

Plugins can be helpful but some are also known to crash and in a commercial game that would be a terrible thing to have happen.

• Just my opinion but if you go running for a plugin every time you need to do something a little complex you are missing an opportunity to learn how the behaviors work and you will struggle more in the future when things don't work and you have to debug your events.

Plugins can be helpful but some are also known to crash and in a commercial game that would be a terrible thing to have happen.

Third-party plugins are nice and all and are probably the way to go if you're concerned about what's easier/what's a better way to do it but...

One scenario I have is where I'm building a gamekit/sdk, and I want it to work out of the box completely, so I'm avoiding third-party plugins at near all costs.

• > Just my opinion but if you go running for a plugin every time you need to do something a little complex you are missing an opportunity to learn how the behaviors work and you will struggle more in the future when things don't work and you have to debug your events.

>

> Plugins can be helpful but some are also known to crash and in a commercial game that would be a terrible thing to have happen.

>

Third-party plugins are nice and all and are probably the way to go if you're concerned about what's easier/what's a better way to do it but...

One scenario I have is where I'm building a gamekit/sdk, and I want it to work out of the box completely, so I'm avoiding third-party plugins at near all costs.

Yup and I don't have any plugins installed for that reason. I can do anything a plugin can do using the C2 builtins and I know they will continue working if I update to a newer version of C2.

I used to have some plugins and now some of my older games are basically useless because those plugins no longer work in the newer C2 version and crashes the game or makes it impossible to open and edit.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)