Help With Projectiles

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • What I am trying to do is simplify my system by using families for my projectiles.

Like I have it set up so that if "subweapons" family hits "destenvi" family then it subtracts 1 hp and destroys the weapon.

However, I am having trouble making these weapons act differently. Like the holy water weapon will explode into fire that will last for a second or two before going away.

Knife = straight line normal bullet type

Axe = Upwards arc coming back down

Cross = boomerang type (Goes out so far then comes straight back)

Holy Water = Drops down explodes into flames.

I was wondering if these sorts of things would be possible with families of if I would have to make events for all of them separately like I was painstakingly doing before.

I also know about UIDs and I'm sure what I will need to use them somehow if I am using families but so far I am unsuccessful.

• i think, since they are so different, you would have to set events for each of them separately. You could, however, use functions with parameters for the things they might have in common, and to save some space and improve performance by some fraction.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i think, since they are so different, you would have to set events for each of them separately. You could, however, use functions with parameters for the things they might have in common, and to save some space and improve performance by some fraction.

Shoot, I figured.

Does anyone know how I might make these projectiles behave in this way?

I figured out the arc in the axe. Just had to find the right combination of gravity, speed, and angle.

Still need the cross boomerang action. Using the sine command I can get the desired spinning effect but is there away to make it fly off the screen after 1 complete wave? (I kind of did this by disabling sine after 1 wave and using a bullet behavior)

A weapon that bounces off walls but only a certain amount of times.

A megaman style shield weapon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)