Grid Based PathFinding?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • is it just me or does that path finding behavior not support grid based movement?

I have rotate set to false and Diagonals set to disabled but they still move smoothly and move Diagonally

I want a 4 directional teleport like movement

• make the the grid 25x25 and the cell size 25 from yousr pathfinding sprite and use the sprite solid between 25 size..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could try this plugin:

It probably can be used to do what you want.

Or you could implement pathfinding in just events. Here's my latest attempt using a hex grid. It actually should work if you change the hexagons to squares and position them on a grid. You just need to tweak the collision polygon into a square with beveled corners so diagonal cells won't be used.

• make the the grid 25x25 and the cell size 25 from yousr pathfinding sprite and use the sprite solid between 25 size..

I have tried this with 32x32 but it hasn't worked so far

Edit:aslo what do you mean by make the grid 25x25 I don't see a grid plugin

You could try this plugin:

It probably can be used to do what you want.

Or you could implement pathfinding in just events. Here's my latest attempt using a hex grid. It actually should work if you change the hexagons to squares and position them on a grid. You just need to tweak the collision polygon into a square with beveled corners so diagonal cells won't be used.

I have looked into the astar plugin but I don't understand how it works

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)