Family - spawn another object

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • I have a family that contains several sprites, I want to duplicate the sprite that is touched with the touch. I used the method spawns another object, but this creates a sprite in the family, but random and not really what I have touched.

Could you tell me the correct way, thanks.

• There are many way's to do this.

You can make it without a family, on object touched - create the same object.

Also you can add instance variable to the family, and set the sprites to different numbers.

On family touched

---sub event - family instance = 1 ------ create sprite holds instance 1.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is ok, but I want to manage it with families or anything else because I want to say that when one of the sprites, which belong to a group, is touched, then I have to create a duplicate of that sprite. I want to manage it massively and not making a control for each sprite, ok? You can encode in this way? How?

Thanks for letting me respond

• To my knowledge, there is no native "Create Object" action that lets you spawn using a name, which is what you'd need to implement it the way you want.

However, I did come across this plugin by rexrainbow, that might help you:

I've never used it, so I don't know, but essentially if you can get the nickname of the Family instance, and then Create object by that Nickname, you'd have what you need.

• Excellent Dalal, you've been a great help. Forgive my English, I'm Italian. I now I try this plugin and will announce the result .... thanks you're a friend

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)