DOES THE TEXT OBJECT CAUSE PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS ON MOBILE

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Good day i have a problem,i heard that using the text object in c2 causes performance problems on mobile devices,the forum i read it on said that it causes high cpu usage and it drains the battery life on mobile, my issue is does "high cpu usage" reduces performance on mobile or it only reduces battery life,because the forum only said "battery life" instead of "poor performance",my game right now has only 13mb memory space and 144mb memory usage,and i have text objects all over my game,when i tested my game on the mobile device my game started freezing badly.my real issue here is ,is it my game memory space of about 13mb and memory usage of 144mb that is freezing my game,because i've seen game designers which have created games with c2 with more than 13mb memory space and 144mb memory usage and there games still run smoothly on mobile devices ,so should i remove all my text objects and replace it with sprite fonts for better performance or i will just be wasting my time if i did.please if anyone can point out to me whether it is my text objects or it is my game memory space and usage any help will be greatly appreciated

• There was another report about how using too many capitals really drains the batteries, and how occasionally using a period could possibly offset that.

Also the part you probably missed was that setting the text every tick was the issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There was another report about how using too many capitals really drains the batteries, and how occasionally using a period could possibly offset that.

Post of the year hahaha

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)