Cannot create an Audio Object

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi, I had read more times the tutorials about Importing sounds and creating audio objects, I used the Search function and looked at every result, but I cannot yet understand why C2 doesn' t let me create an audio object.

I did everything as it' s described in tutorials, but when I open the "Insert new Object" Dialog the only voices in the "Media" section are "Geolocation", "User Media" and "Video"...

Any idea?

• Hi, I had read more times the tutorials about Importing sounds and creating audio objects, I used the Search function and looked at every result, but I cannot yet understand why C2 doesn' t let me create an audio object.

I did everything as it' s described in tutorials, but when I open the "Insert new Object" Dialog the only voices in the "Media" section are "Geolocation", "User Media" and "Video"...

Any idea?

That usually means the Audio object is already part of the project.

Is it visible in the Top right 'Projects' window under 'Object Types'?

If not, can you provide the .capx that you can't add the Audio Object to?

• By trying some experiments to understand the problem, I discovered that opening a very simple Capx without even any audio file (no music and no sfx), the option to create a new Audio Object returns...

It is my project that' s messed up?

I' ll try to check the project properties, maybe I touched something wrong...

• Have you renamed it, perhaps?

• AAARRGHHH!

I understood just now...

Ehm, don' t throw me out of the Forum, I completely failed to understand the principle of the Audio Object : I thought that I needed to make one Audio Object for ANY sound or music of the project... It already had a Audio Object for a music, so it was obvious (it is also for me, now) that I couldn' t select another Audio Object...

Please don' t shoot me and thanks for your time.

• HR78

Not a problem. We all make mistakes from time to time.

This thread is useful for others - possibly new users - who may have the same issue.

I hope you agree.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok then, maybe better posting this topic in the Beginner' s Questions?

And, thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)