Button sequence befuddlement

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
J-BoB Game Button Sound Pack comes with 300 high-quality sound effects
  • Hello!

I'm trying to make a very, very simple button sequence doo-dad, where pressing a series of buttons in the 'correct' order takes you to a 'Well done!' layout page, whereas pressing an 'incorrect' button in the sequence takes you to an 'Incorrect - try again!' layout page.

Eg:

----

Correct button order sequence is: red/blue/blue/green/yellow

Buttons pressed: red, blue, blue, green, yellow (matches correct button order sequence) = 'Well done!' layout page

Buttons pressed: red, blue, yellow (doesn't match correct button order sequence) = 'Incorrect - try again!' layout page

-----

Any help, tips, or guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

• I didn't use "layout page" ...but maybe you can start from here.. TouchSequence.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I made a .capx for you to have as a guide in your project. The graphics are not made properly for it only acts as an example.

My Reputation is not high enough to share a complete link so just combine the two to reach the project file.

Combine the two for a link:

https://onedrive.

live.com /redir?resid=A9AA77AEE7DA1637!2612&authkey=!AIxQF77KaNw2Plg&ithint=folder%2c

• I didn't use "layout page" ...but maybe you can start from here..

Hello korbaach

Thanks everso much for your help - that capx file of yours is REALLY impressive!

The only issue is... I don't understand most of it!

Also, the button sequence gizmo I'm currently attempting to make, uses a predetermined sequence and not a random one - sorry, I should've made that clear in my original post!

Thanks again for your help!

• I made a .capx for you to have as a guide in your project. The graphics are not made properly for it only acts as an example.

My Reputation is not high enough to share a complete link so just combine the two to reach the project file.

Combine the two for a link:.

live.com /redir?resid=A9AA77AEE7DA1637!2612&authkey=!AIxQF77KaNw2Plg&ithint=folder%2c

Hi chadorireborn

I can't open the capx file as I'm using the free (and latest) Construct 2 r216 build. Ho hum!

Ta anyway, though!

• issue is... I don't understand most of it!

It was my fault..OK, let's start from the beginning..

[quote:3s9qapoc] I'm currently attempting to make, uses a predetermined sequence

understood...

how you signal the sequence to player?

(something similar to my example or with ..text "press red, blue, blue, green, yellow "...or..?)

• how you signal the sequence to player?

with ..text "press red, blue, blue, green, yellow ")

Thanks for the reply!

Yep, to paraphrase Tommy Cooper: "just like that!"

Cheers!

• Yep, to paraphrase Tommy Cooper: "just like that!"

that I was afraid

check this capx TouchSequence2.capx

If this is what you're looking for..I will try to explain code ...as best I can...

• Hi korbaach

Cheers for this - it's really corking (and impressive!), but you've got more chance of explaining the theory of relativity to a Cocker Spaniel than you've got of me understanding all that code!

I think I'll bail out of this thread now while I still retain a smidgen of dignity, and clunkily botch-job what I'm looking to achieve, using Flash/Swiffy.

Thanks for your time and efforts, Squire!

And to you, too, chadorireborn! <doffs cap>

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)