[Answered] Moving window

0 favourites
  • 5 posts

I searched for a while, but with 100+ pages of tutorials, I couldn't figure the key words to find the information I need.

The effect I want to pull off is a moving 'window' showing through to Layer X.

Example 1: A moving portal. The sprite (Curved rectangle) moves across the screen, and wherever it is, you see through to whatever is behind it.

Example 2: Two squares, one is red, and the other blue. Wherever they touch, instead of purple, you get invisible and see through to the background.

The reason I'd like to do this is because I have a fuel bar that is a rectangle and the width changes. I want to put an image on top that makes it invisible, except for the curved cutout through the middle. So that the fuel bar, looks curved as it goes up and down.

I'm guessing there is a simpler way to do a curved fuel bar, but I'm still learning stuff so I figure this would be more interesting to learn how to do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You want to use blend modes.

Check over in preferences, next to Effects.

Well I fiddled with the blend modes for about an hour and a half, and I messed around with some effects, but I can't seem to get the right combination.

I did get close though, it's cured how I wanted, but instead of being transparent when the green line is gone, it's black.

But I think that's good enough for now.

Thanks Newt!

• Hi Nicadeamas!

Just saw your picture.

Hehehe. Been watching for you.

Hi.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)