How to series - 'In Game Shop'
Hi, I have decided to make a how to series of tutorials based on topics users have requested me to help them with.
This is the first of the series - A in game shop.
Here is a online demo - HTML Preview
And here is the capx - capx
As requested by another user I have been asked to make a in game shop
-> Handling in game money
-> Adding purchased items to the game
-> saving the states of the purchases through web storage.
Lets Get Started
First we need some layouts and some event sheets.
- Make a layout called Shop ( or something appropriate)
- Make a layout called Game ( or something appropriate)
- Make a event sheet for the Shop layout, Mine is named 'Shop'
- Make a event sheet for the Game layout, Mine is named 'Game'
- Make a new event sheet on its own named vars
' Note: I come from a programming background so having a separate event sheet for some main variables is a common practice for me.. This is not something you HAVE to do but it makes things easier to read/edit, And as there Global variables it means all other event sheets can access them '
- Lets add some objects:
- Were going to have multiple buttons for the sake of the tutorial. There are easier ways of doing this but for the sake of new comers we'll do it the long way
- Add a button, I named this one 'SpeedIncrease' - place it on the shop layout
- Add a button, I named this one 'JumpIncrease' - place it on the shop layout
- Add a button, I named this one 'UpgradeArmor' - place it on the shop layout
- Add a text box named TotalMoney on the shop layout, this will visually show us the money we have.
- Insert a new webstorage object, We do not need to rename this one, But your welcome to if you want to.
- add a Mouse Object, Again no need to rename, But your welcome to.
- add a Keyboard Object, Again no need to rename, But your welcome to.
I think thats it for the objects, Next page we will start to develop the shop.