Game not updating on arcade?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.

I've tried multiple times to update my game and it isn't working. Updating the client doesn't help, changing the version numbers and other info doesn't help inside and outside the actual Construct 2 program. When updated it either shows the same exact update as there was previously or a black screen. I know I'm uploading the correct file because I check the time stamps on the game file when it is exported. Any help???

* moved as anything to do with the arcade is a Website Issue that Tom would need to be made aware of.

Provide the URL for your game so we can see by ourselves.

Consider sending a mail to with the URL for your game and the last exported archive file you uploaded.

It fixed now by itself, but I hope it doesn't happen again. Here is the link to the game: https://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooting- ... ooter-7377

Ill come back if it happens again and post the file and everything.

It's happening again. The link is still the same. It's meant to include an actual health bar instead of text, and fixed enemy spawning but clearly you can see that it is not the case.

I'm sending the file to to see if they can help resolve the issue. I've had this before on my previous 'games' and all I had to do to fix it was change the actual game version in the editor but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Can't find any way to fix it, but I hope one of you or someone else has ideas?

I have the same problem now, has it been fixed for you?

UPDATE: The problem has been solved by itself

Yup, happening again. Really starting to piss me off as it just appears as a black screen. I change versions, destination folders, and everything yet it still updates as a black screen.

It won't work the entire day, and it's problematic. Anyway to legitimately and quickly fix it?

Yup, happening again. Really starting to piss me off as it just appears as a black screen. I change versions, destination folders, and everything yet it still updates as a black screen.

It won't work the entire day, and it's problematic. Anyway to legitimately and quickly fix it?

Yep, I am getting something similar after I updated my game. I posted something about it here:

I've been noticing that I can only update one version daily, or atleast mostly once a day which is going to create many problems. Just now I updated my game, but realized there was a game breaking bug and I fixed it, uploaded a new version, but it still hasn't updated to the most recent version.

Okay this is legitimately pissing me off now.

Okay this is legitimately pissing me off now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Hello everybody, I two had this issue a few times. If your game uploads and has a black screen or some error message floating in the game field. Try recompiling the game with out minify checked. This seams to be happening more and more with newer versions of construct 2. Not only does it effect The Scirra Arcade, but also other exported file types. Currently I Recommend not using minify code unless you really have to.

Hope this helps. Jeremy C.

Hello everybody, I two had this issue a few times. If your game uploads and has a black screen or some error message floating in the game field. Try recompiling the game with out minify checked. This seams to be happening more and more with newer versions of construct 2. Not only does it effect The Scirra Arcade, but also other exported file types. Currently I Recommend not using minify code unless you really have to.

Hope this helps. Jeremy C.

Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to try it! I just hope not minifying will break it or something since it's recommended

I've been noticing that I can only update one version daily, or atleast mostly once a day which is going to create many problems. Just now I updated my game, but realized there was a game breaking bug and I fixed it, uploaded a new version, but it still hasn't updated to the most recent version.

That's annoying for testing out any online only features (like getting site lock to work)

Wish there was a preview mode - then you could get it to work and THEN it could have just one update per day when you set the preview to public.

Having the same issues, games don't upload new version for me. It just shows the older version after i try to update it. ><

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)