Forum Issues Thread - Please read!

• nice job

• I know I probably should not ask this but… Why are attachments completely out of scirra's ecosystem for such a long time? It was useful to have content linked with the forum as we all know content hosted elsewhere can end up being deleted or moved and result in a 404 error years or months later.

I also vouch on the attachments' side. I usually run into dead links and those are very frustrating. Especially for plugins/effects. Even if we won't have the option to attach files to our posts, I'd like to know the reason behind the decision.

• My music portfolio thread just vanished! I was editing the original post, clicked save and was greeted with a 'The requested topic does not exist message'. It seems to be completely gone; I can't find it through search and it doesn't show up in my topics under my account either. The topic was here:

Any chance a mod could restore it for me? Thanks for reading.

• anyone else having to keep logging in, even if they checkbox to stay logged in?

it's starting to get annoying.

• Is it just me or the forum and the entire scirra website becomes very slow and sometimes completely dies every day at around the same time (5-7pm GST)?

After several minutes of loading pages display "Error 524 - A timeout occured".

Also, it logs me out several times a day.

• Tom

Hi Tom,

Yesterday I created a C3 account on http://www.construct.net with same email as I have on http://www.scirra.com but different password.

The surprise was that when wanted to login on scirra.com, even if my browser had my password saved I couldn't . when I typed the C3 password I was able to log in. That is not right.

I was just afraid someone reseted my password or something, but it seems that my C3 account if it had the same email has overwritten my C2 password.

Hope you understood my explanation

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm trying to reply to a post and keep getting "SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED" error.

Here is my comment:

After many attempts and edits the forum finally allowed me to post it.

• any news on the issue with the forums constantly logging you out? When I google this issue, it seems to have been around since atleast 2013?

• maybe like I always got answers from Ashley....this is by design. Bogus website is by design

• I've got some php error displaying on top of the forum, maybe it was temporary issue with the web server now its working fine.

• Will the forum ever be fixed??

After the whole day of planned maintenance yesterday, the website works even worse than usual - terribly slow, logs me out every 10 minutes, pages not loading (Error 524 Timeout). Took me an hour to post a few small comments!

Don't know why I bother posting it here, looks like nobody from Scirra visits this thread anyway...

• Same issue as dop2000. The forum is dog slow now. I get the idea that websites aren't Scirra's expertise.

• Maybe make a forum from the multiplayer plug?

• Extremely slow. It's lagging that much for some people that they have ended up multiple posting. It's also impossible to see anyone's forum profile at the moment; I just get a time out error page with a whole stack of error coding:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Source Code:

"An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below..."

• The wait operation timed out

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out]

[SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +2444082

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +5775560

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +285

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4169

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +58

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +89

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption) +409

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest) +2127

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) +911

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +64

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +240

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +41

System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +14

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +393

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +118

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +342

System.Data.Linq.Table`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +23

System.Linq.Queryable.Any(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) +233

v2.Membership.User.IncrementProfileViews(Int32 ipID) +512

ViewProfile.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +831

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +59

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +678

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)