Forum Issues Thread - Please read!

0 favourites
  • It now seems to toggle between showing "Waiting for scirra.com" and "yourdomain.com" as the page title depending on what view of the forums you are using...

• Reputation is not being incremented for forums posts and other actions either...

• Old link don't work. For example, i really want to be able to look at this link: http://www.scirra.com/forum/solved-cocoonjs-game-crashes-on-device-sleep_topic84035.html but I can't open it

• Were stickies / pined topics lost?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry for my bad english...

I visited the link "Store", and a message was shown that my email was not confirmed (or something like that). I clicked on the yellow message, and the following message showed up:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       v2.Membership.Functions.GetGravatarHash(String Email) +7
       ASP.editprofile_aspx.__Render__control4(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +676
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
       ASP.editprofile_aspx.__RenderRegisterForm(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +291
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268
       System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
       ASP.masterpages_fresh_master.__RenderForm1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +361
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +216
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +128
       System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +128
       System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1386

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18067[/code:1jwitc2t]

Before I posted this message, I had to log in.
  • Notice rather than errors :

* I'm missing the quick reply at the end of the topic (instead of having to click, "post new answer" or w/e).

* On the index page, it seems that the title of the topics are not showing right next to the forum, only the poster and date.

Otherwise, it's nice to have that change, and good luck with the rest of fixing/porting the forum

• I hope we never have that access denied every time we post a new reply. Also not a big issue but the colors are too saturated and all over the rainbow(green, orange,cyan, black+white). My eyes burn...and I am working nights most of the time...

• Next time, you should create a subdomain for beta testing and development.

Its often a better idea to fix isues first, and then deploy changes.

The other way around might impact users, and visitors greatly.

Apart from that, the new design looks promising.

• Cipriux is right, the bright bluish color is way too much. It takes your eyes and attention away from the post content. And it really isnt too pleasent to look at.

I suggest you bring down the saturation.

• this color is better:

#729E98

• With the update the site have broken links, example http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting- ... ppin-birds

• I am also getting the "Not authorized to view" when I try to get to my inbox.

• I cannot get into any Forum topics I had bookmarked, e.g.:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/with-multip ... 87085.html

This and many other pages I have bookmarked all give a 404 error code.

• Old links are all gone. 404

Not functional!

• Arcade related issues:

On "My profile"

Game revisions show

Previously deleted games show

Apparently, missing game plays (counters) were added to revisions.

I now see my games which I had deleted, of which I thought they were getting played poorly, actually did very good ... -,-

edit :

Forum related:

Button with email friend link at the top (next to printer) :

Information

You are not permitted to send e-mail to this user.

Encoding issues, I think you need to set UTF8 or something, cos several ascii like chars, such as exclamation mark and the single qoute is now showing the diamond figure with a question mark.

Forum linkage has changed, you prolly need to nice-en the URLS

Prolly needs some adjustments in either a htaccess file for url rewritting, or if the forum code supports its, update it to reflect the post names in the links.

Unable to click usernames to view their profiles

From the user information on the left, perhaps take out the time of joineing, and the sidebar with the avatar will fit better.

My user location is not showing up in the left sidebar. (netherlands)

Not sure but I think the post name notification method with the is not working.

At least this : lennaert

Signalling myself doesnt work anymore.

Perhaps its an idea to remove the usergroups tab from the user control panel.

Also, Enemies and foes ? really, we want to tag other forum members as foes ?

The breadcrumb links are kinda double up ... you already have the forum link in the top (index) and when entering a sub section, the category name at the top is already clickable. (category/sub category)

Can you place the new links (new posts, recent posts, active topics etc etc) in the template, so it appears above the forum in all categorys and threads ?

Right now when i enter a thread, they change to a way too huge search option.

Styling

Od colors mixed with new ... its really butt ugly.

A sets of light-ish blue/green with a dark streak in the middle with lots of orange spots everywhere .... bright blue in the forums .... with orange too ... I might aswell take some lsd.

Changing style in user controle panel to pro silver removes the rest of the website linkage and only shows the forum.

Website related:

I can access the multiplayer test lab, which is not offerng a working server it seems.

Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)