construct2-r196-2-setup.exe may harm your browsing exp...

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • [quote:15fwksjv]construct2-r196-2-setup.exe may harm your browsing experience, so Chrome has blocked it.

After my download is done I receive the following message at the left bottom corner of my Chrome browser window.

Should I be concerned about this installation file? Does it contain malware or is it safe?

I don't want to risk our company security.

• Your company security is seriously at fault. Thousands of people download from here, and as long as you are not downloading from any other site, then everything is fine.

Whatever crap security is throwing this up is more of a worry, IMO.

If you are still worrying, try jotti: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en, which is a free file scanner that uses all the latest scanning engines on the market to scan a file.

• zenox98 - I got this as well, on Chrome, so either someone has tagged a file or it does trigger some built-in checking mechanism.

• zenox98

Same for me - I think the file must be faulty, not nemo PC setup. Renamed manuanlly & installed safely, without any further warnings from antivirus/antimalware scanners.

• Can confirm I get the security message when I download as well. Looks like a false positive. Will talk to Ashley about this.

• It's happening here too, but I have no idea why. It had minimal changes from r196 and I double checked and it still has a valid digital signature. So it seems Windows or Chrome has just randomly decided to start blocking it.

Not sure what we can do so I guess you'll just need to download with a different browser, or grab the torrent.

• Chrome 40.0.2214.94 m gave me this error when i tried download r196.2 from scirra.com today. It says that chrome blocked the file - construct2-r196-2-setup.exe because it can cause damage to my browser.

• r195 and r196 download is not affected, only r196.2, haha Ashley you tried to destroy our browsers? No way, google will not let you do that

edit: Wow, i didn't found this thread because i had this error in other language, and my translation is not suitable, sorry and thanks to somebody who moved my posts here.

• You can still download it. I believe the dropdown lets you save. It's not a big deal at all. :/

Edit: a line

• You can still download it. I believe the dropdown lets you save. It's not a big deal at all. :/

Also, I have yet to see this message. I don't think it affects all users. Strange.

Not always - sometimes you can just click the side panel and pick save, but sometimes it's just bent on discarding. In this case you have to go to download location and remake the word temp file to an. Exe

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Somebody Sorry, I was wrong about the dropdown. It seems Google changed how the block works from previous versions. Just go to your downloads (shortcut Ctrl + J), and do the below. Again, Chrome never completely blocks files.

• Also, I have yet to see this message. I don't think it affects all users. Strange.

It affects only latest chrome.

• Sisyphus I realized that. Forgot to let the download occur all the way, and to edit my original post, which I will now do. : )

My post above still stands, though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)