Bring the PM features back please?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • one thing i loved about the old forum, and it wasnt really the colors, or the lightning fast snail loading time, but the PM messaging, and i know is a bit of a big management work behind it, cause u need to keep track of who does what and whatever, but what if ... you don't have to do all that?

and you just use a service like disqus but with a PM service, that can be used only for PM service only as we don't need a comment supported by disqus we already have it right? but the pm part is a bit of hackle and i get it...

here is my pitch

Tom

Edited: i know might sound offensive, its just the name of the app... the [ at ]and the link made me read it in a bad way i hope it doesn't do that for anyone who reads this....

MUUT < just the send a private message part in the tutorial near the profile that's it. the rest of forum/blogs can be the same. but that pm thing is a must... im tired of putting my email with or without square brackets on the forum, and getting bombarded by spam assassins, and people from russia trying to hack my emails... like "that's where he keeps he's nudes!"

please consider it, i think a lot of users would appreciate it, atleast temporarily until there is time for forum development or expansion.

• I think the solution for private messaging would be best kept off site - in today's GDPR focused world a private messaging platform raises all kinds of data protection questions that you'd need a lawyer and a stiff drink to field properly, and that simply isn't conducive for a software house.

Having an email field on your profile that only appears to users that your following could be a workaround.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the solution for private messaging would be best kept off site - in today's GDPR focused world a private messaging platform raises all kinds of data protection questions that you'd need a lawyer and a stiff drink to field properly, and that simply isn't conducive for a software house.

Having an email field on your profile that only appears to users that your following could be a workaround.

i think the fear of GDPR enforcers is to extreme this days because of the facebook scandal, lets face it we aren't the facebook or google community we are barely ~50,000 users at best, 90% of which aren't even on the forum, and only 10% are actually using the forums, and god knows what amount of the users are actually filling real informations, there is no actual validating contact information processor on the data provided, is just a hand held book of who someone claims to be at what address, that isn't a real data processing now.... and for the credit card information ... obviously there is a card processor somewhere and again no GDPR there also.

i agree with you on the workaround, because the GDPR compliance of the 3rd party pm service wouldn't be so much different than the gravatar 3rd party feature the website is already using, which i don't see any gdpr on that.

• It's not just that - there was also a lot of abuse happening by PM, and it's difficult to moderate (especially since I don't really want to get in to reading people's private messages)

• It's not just that - there was also a lot of abuse happening by PM, and it's difficult to moderate (especially since I don't really want to get in to reading people's private messages)

i totally get the reasons behind it, but using a 3rd party that should fix it right? as the abuse wouldn't actually happen on the scirra forum, but on the 3rd party service platform atleast that's how i see it.

anyway would be nice to have some sort of contact info sharing that is as quick and more private than a share on the forum posts.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)