Arcade

• Hi all,

We're aware of problems in our arcade - it's outgrown itself and we're aware of several issues.

I'm afraid at this time we're not looking to fix these issues as all my time is being spent on Construct.net development - however we are looking to launch a better, more scalable arcade on Construct.net for Construct 2 and Construct 3 made games this year.

We have hired a new web developer as well as web development is a bottleneck for us right now.

Thanks for your patience, and if you have any feature requests for the new arcade do feel free to suggest them here and I'll use it as my initial go-to list.

Tom

• Thanks.

I'd like to request turning off showing what users have played the game.

I don't need spam pms trying to get me to do stuff.

• Thanks.

I'd like to request turning off showing what users have played the game.

I don't need spam pms trying to get me to do stuff.

You don't need to be logged in, remember.

I use - and am logged in - to FF all the time, but use chrome to use arcade anonymously. No spam

• Some things I would like to see:

• Some automated way to reduce the number of duplicate games. I see a lot of the same game from one person seemingly uploaded many times in succession, not sure if this is accidental or on purpose.
    • Better filter/sorting system, specifically having the (hot/top/popular) games in each category, instead of just the top level.
    • Better analytic tools on the developer profile page.
    • A weekly/monthly top arcade picks page, maybe through a community voting system or the top picks from the Construct dev team. Basically better ways to show off different games that don't get much traffic.
    • Better styling to match the C3 landing page
  • I'd like to see a search function on the new arcade so you can search for a game with the help of keywords.

• I decided to make a Newgrounds account and upload my C3 game there and they have a great developer game manager page. Also lot's of really cool API tools for achievements, ads, mtx etc.

If you guys are updating the developer tools side of the arcade definitely take a look at what they are doing over on NG and crib from it .

• Hello Tom,

I get this error when i try to upload to the arcade.

Is it somting i can fix or a arcade issue ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

Not found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Not found

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Not found]

V4Arcade_Viewgame.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3038

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +106

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +68

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3785

• try this:

Hi, i've the same issue, but there is the workaround:

the system says "Error in application /" etc. etc... every time that you send some data, but behind the scenes the data are stored. The problem is that the error page doesn't allow you to continue your submission, so for that the solution is the little menu in the left: you have to select sequentially the various steps, compile every form and send the data, then go back in your browser, select the next passage from the menu and send data. At the end, select the PUBLISH option and your game will be correctly (more or less) send to Scirra Arcade!

Here my last game, i've found this trick trying to upload it:

scirra.com/arcade/action-games/qbos-adventures-33770

Maybe this can be useful to everyone that have the same issue (i've read a lot of posts about this...) Tom ?

• pinellos Thanks, works like a charm!!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I made a few games and uploaded them to the arcade so that I could embed them into my website, but the embed feature isn't working. It could just be something on my end, but I'm not sure what.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)