SyncStorage — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
<h3>What you buy here?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- SyncStorage plugin for C2 (c2addon) and C3 (c3addon)
- Save to LocalStorage example capx
- Save to file example capx (export with NW.js for testing)
<h3>What is SyncStorage?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>SyncStorage is memory storage which acts as a bridge for various databases like local storage, files or external DBs. In other words it's a substitute for LocalStorage plugin with additional features like data encoding and exporting data.</p><p>And most importantly it makes using any storage much more comfortable.</p><h3>Features / Why should I use SyncStorage instead of LocalStorage?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- SyncStorage operates on data directly in the memory (fastest possible storage),
- Unlike LocalStorage, SyncStorage is synchronous (get/set/compare functions work instantly),
- Built-in data encoding feature (configurable),
- Can save data to local storage or export as JSON (or encoded string) to be then saved to file or any external DB,
- When using SyncStorage to save data to LocalStorage, it uses the official LocalStorage plugin's JS library (SyncStorage will always remain compatible with local storage even after LocalStorage library update/change),
- Has user friendly ACEs, can easily compare two items from the storage, etc.
- When working in LocalStorage mode, simply add official LocalStorage plugin to the project to load the LS JS library (see example capx).
- When working in custom mode (save to file for instance) there is no dependency.
Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about SyncStorage