https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... round-1807
Did you ever try having multiple backgrounds on different layers, each with its own parallax scrolling rates, you spent hours tweaking the layout properties, you tried to make them stretch across the screen, maybe you tried adding a sun in the distance, or some clouds...
We did just that, but with +30 backgrounds in our game, we had to stop, it was too tedious, and we feared for our sanity!
The built-in parallax system works fine for simple layouts, but when you try doing anything serious with it, it feels incomplete and painful to use.
We know you want more control over the look and feel of your background objects. This collection of 4 addons is the easiest and coolest way to make your game freaking beautiful in a matter of seconds!
List of Features
- Behavior files for C2 and C3 runtimes.
- Animated and non-animated backgrounds.
- Horizontal, vertical and top-down scrolling and wrapping in all directions.
- Only requires 1 layer.
- Accommodates runtime screen size changes and layout scale changes (zoom).
- All properties fully exposed in the C2 debugger (for C3, we've contacted the scirra dev team and were told this feature is still undocumented, so we'll wait).
- Supports saving and loading.
- Blazing fast performance on browser and mobile.
- Demo projects that cover horizontal scrolling, vertical scrolling, auto-scrolling and top-down scrolling.
- Detailed and easy-to-read manual to quickly get you started.
Teaser for 1.3
Overview of the features in version 1.1
Demo of version 1.0
We take special care to make the addons as backward compatible as possible, however, PLEASE ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR PROJECTS BEFORE UPGRADING.
Version 1.3.0 (October 30, 2018)
- Added full support for the Construct 3 runtime.
Please note that the addons do not currently expose their attributes in the Construct 3
debugger, we contacted the Scirra dev team and were told that the usage of the debugger
was still undocumented.
- Improved the WrapH behavior, now renamed to “ViewportWrap”. It can be used to make
an object appear on the other side when it leaves the viewport, works either in the
horizontal direction (for side-scrolling games) or vertical direction (for vertical scrollers), or
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ParallaxBG behavior from initializing tile size to the
TiledBackground’s texture size when the project is exported with script minification. This
resulted in the backgrounds working fine in the editor but not so much in the exported app.
If your TiledBackgrounds have the same size as their textures, you wouldn’t have
encountered this bug
Version 1.2.0 (April 27, 2018)
- Added support for Construct 3 (with the C2 runtime).
- Added Vertical and Top-down scrolling/screen wrapping
- Added the Parallaxer behavior for single background objects like the sun, a cluster of trees, a windmill in the distance, or a planet in a space game.
- Added the Spacing Y property to the ParallaxBGSprite behavior.
- Now it’s possible to set/get the parallax anchor and the tile size.
- Added more demos and updated the old ones
- Updated the manual with more illustrations, better explanations, and all the feedback received over last year.