Epic Platformer (Game Templates)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • hi just bought the bundle looking great so far

do you think you could add rag doll when you shoot them and blow my up

thanks happy customer thank dand

Thanks. I will consider that. This is bit bigger task for me, so do not set your hopes too high.

• do you know any good lessons on rag doll? seen some gut they don't look that great!

thanks dand

• do you know any good lessons on rag doll? seen some gut they don't look that great!

thanks dand

The template does not currently use the physic behavior. I guess that something it needs to if a true rag doll is to be used.

• There are some events that I can not repeat in other layouts such as the door system of layout 7 ( level07 ). I am not very expert in construct but I have checked tags, names, commands … and they do not work in other layouts. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

Example ,In level 7 if I copy a door and delete the original. The event does not work in the copy. It only works with the original door.

• There are some events that I can not repeat in other layouts such as the door system of layout 7 ( level07 ). I am not very expert in construct but I have checked tags, names, commands … and they do not work in other layouts. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

Example ,In level 7 if I copy a door and delete the original. The event does not work in the copy. It only works with the original door.

The door has an id. The switch that should open the door must know this id. Set the variable SlidingDoorId to the Id of the door and it should work. See image below.

If you want to make a brand new door, just put a SlidingDoor object on the layout , add a new animation to object type SlidingDoor (by default is has 4 animation, named by colors). Set Initial Animation to your new animation. Let the switch know about the Id of the new door (as above image illustrate).

• Perfect , thanks you very much.

• It would be fine to have a level of epic platformer explaining ammunition counter, water zones with diving, damage by fall , sound and music and if possible some more movement as crouched in move.

I ask a lot, I know, it's a lot of work, but if the price were higher it would be correct. I would pay without thinking because this template is the best I've seen.

• Thank you very much.

Great input.

I have noted all your ideas for improvement. I can't promise if or when I will implement them.

thanks dand

Actually there is this template: https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... layer-2522

Perhaps that is useful for you.

• Hi,

Just wanted to say, this template looks great!

I am thinking to use it for a mobile platform game, hence need to modify the input control to leverage Touch screen. Do you see if there will be technical problem, for example touch screen may not be so responsive, resulting a deteriorated user experience?

Thanks.

• Hi,

Just wanted to say, this template looks great!

I am thinking to use it for a mobile platform game, hence need to modify the input control to leverage Touch screen. Do you see if there will be technical problem, for example touch screen may not be so responsive, resulting a deteriorated user experience?

Thanks.

Ah, I saw the touch control at the Demo level 5! yes that's what I am looking for!

Will be buying the whole bundle. :)

• Hi

I just bought and downloaded The 'Epic Platformer' Template.

I have installed all the addons but when I try to open the template directly from my local file, I get an error: "Failed to open project. Check it is a valid Construct 3 single-file (.c3p) project."

When I try to open the template via my cloud, I get an error:

"cannot change property 'activated' from '<boolean>' to '<string>'."

Please, let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi

I just bought and downloaded The 'Epic Platformer' Template.

I have installed all the addons but when I try to open the template directly from my local file, I get an error: "Failed to open project. Check it is a valid Construct 3 single-file (.c3p) project."

When I try to open the template via my cloud, I get an error:

"cannot change property 'activated' from '<boolean>' to '<string>'."

Please, let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thanks!

Hi. Sorry for slow response. Did you manage to get it to work?

If not, try to download the package again. Ensure that you do not open C2 files in C3 and vice versa.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)