Easy Module #1 - Dialog module (Templates)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Jomo,

I noticed that the body and the header both have margin_l and margin_r. Are these values shared between the two? I couldn't find a way to distinguish the two when setting the parameters.

• Jomo,

I noticed that the body and the header both have margin_l and margin_r. Are these values shared between the two? I couldn't find a way to distinguish the two when setting the parameters.

DoobieDoctor5000

Ooops! you've find a bug. Currently the margin_l/margin_r only apply to footer area. And I did miss these settings for header and body Please use title_offset_x/ title_offset_y and content_offset_x/ content_offset_y as a workaround.

• I... I don't know how I feel about this. I feel great because there's a workaround, but I feel bad for making more work for you. At least you have everything planned out in your instructions. Honestly you could go either way; fix the bug or update the workaround into the manual. Thank you! You're always great at responding to questions.

• Are your modules no longer on the store? I was thinking of purchasing this one and now I can't view it

• Yes, this little, cheap, handy, full-documented product is suspended. Because I lost my happiness during customer support . For anyone who really need this product, please send your email to .

• Hi jomo i bought this template but CutScene_APIs_install is a little bit confusing.

in step 5 it says to copy e_emoduale_button_template to e_emoduale_dialog_custom2. but what about the other event sheet ? also e_emoduale_dialog_custom2 doesn't exists in Game file what exists is e_dialog_custom2

• Hi jomo i bought this template but CutScene_APIs_install is a little bit confusing.

in step 5 it says to copy e_emoduale_button_template to e_emoduale_dialog_custom2. but what about the other event sheet ? also e_emoduale_dialog_custom2 doesn't exists in Game file what exists is e_dialog_custom2

Hi~ Pooya72 , <CutScene API installation guide> assumes the reader had finished <Dialog Template Installation

Guide>(this is address in blue in Step#1). So the other event sheets should be copied to your working project already.

I checked my v1.2 capx, and there is no <e_dialog_custom2> event sheet. Could you double check at your end?

• jomo

actually this part was a little bit confusing :

This step is a simple copy-and-paste operation of C2 event sheet. Change to <dialog_template.capx> and change to event sheet <e_eModule_button_template>, use <ctrl + a> to select all events and actions, use <ctrl + c> to copy them. Then go back to our new <e_eModule_dialog_custom2> event sheet, push <ctrl + v> to paste them all.

Now its solved in platformer example i should try again with my original project.

2) How can i resize cutscene size ?i want to make it smaller.

• jomo

actually this part was a little bit confusing :

This step is a simple copy-and-paste operation of C2 event sheet. Change to <dialog_template.capx> and change to event sheet <e_eModule_button_template>, use <ctrl + a> to select all events and actions, use <ctrl + c> to copy them. Then go back to our new <e_eModule_dialog_custom2> event sheet, push <ctrl + v> to paste them all.

Now its solved in platformer example i should try again with my original project.

2) How can i resize cutscene size ?i want to make it smaller.

You can change the parameters (offsetx/y, box_w/_h, title_offset, icon_offset. OriginalWindowWidth/OriginalWindowHeight are C2 expression to measure screen size.) Please remember you have to change these parameters both under Parameter 0 = "R" & Parameter = "L" conditions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thx for your fast respond

• jomo How can i increase text size ?

• jomo How can i increase text size ?

1. Find <e_eModule_dialog_custom2>. It controls the style of inner elements.

2. Find <On created> event of [txt_dialog_content]

3. Change font face to the one you want.

* Cautious! If your player doesn't have the font you specified, it will return to default font. So webfont is more reliable than local font.

• Thank you very much, i tink that would be cool if there was a short sound after each word shown.

• Thank you very much, i tink that would be cool if there was a short sound after each word shown.

Pooya72 You can use <Typing> behavior's <On text typing> event.

• Thx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)