Cordova Facebook Connect (Plugins)

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Using this example, you can create a connect mahjong game. So you can customize this example for your own game.
  • Cordova Facebook Connect — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/cordova-facebook-connect-2650

<p>With this plugin for Construct 2, you can use Facebook functions in your cordova projects like login, invite friends, post dialogs and more with easy actions, conditions and expressions. This plugin uses the features from cordova-plugin-facebook4 by Jeduan, which you need to include in your Cordova project to make this works.</p><p>If you want to read more you can visit my blog here: hermitsdevelopment.blogspot.com.es/2016/07/construct-2-plugin-cordova-facebook.html%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EIn Scirra forum too: scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Cordova Facebook Connect

• Hey! I would like to leave a star review (5). I did a little research before I decided to purchase the plugin (a few hours), and found that some people were having trouble with it. I was hesitant at first, but quickly realized I had no option but to try it out.

So far I've only tested the login function but it worked perfectly without having to burn myself out. I even opted to compile my app through phonegap build! All you need is to add the following code inside of your config.xml:

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-facebook4">

<params>

<param name="APP_ID" value="XXXXXX" />

<param name="APP_NAME" value="XXXXX" />

</params>

</plugin>

Where the XXXXX is your app id and app name.

Great work!

• Hello,

I´ve tried the plugin out but it seems I´m running into the same problem as other people in the older thread, where it doesn´t do anything. So I get no success or error messages.

First question: Should the plugin already work within the construct preview? I suspect not, right?

Anyway, my steps:

• Events (I also tried app invite and other)
    • Exported to cordova
    • Added app name and id as edescamps described
    • Build with phonegap without any trouble, the app was also signed
    • Installed on my android device (6.0.1)

Neither the success nor the error fires.

edescamps Could you pls provide a simple .capx that works for you, so I can try and build the same .capx and see what happens.

Josek5494 Tagged for awareness

Thanks and Cheers

• Hello,

I´ve tried the plugin out but it seems I´m running into the same problem as other people in the older thread, where it doesn´t do anything. So I get no success or error messages.

First question: Should the plugin already work within the construct preview? I suspect not, right?

Anyway, my steps:

• Events (I also tried app invite and other)
    • Exported to cordova
    • Added app name and id as edescamps described
    • Build with phonegap without any trouble, the app was also signed
    • Installed on my android device (6.0.1)

Neither the success nor the error fires.

edescamps Could you pls provide a simple .capx that works for you, so I can try and build the same .capx and see what happens.

Josek5494 Tagged for awareness

Thanks and Cheers

I think you need a hash generated starting from your app id. I don't know much about it because i only developed the plugin and another guy tested it, but i find some examples and documentation:

https://github.com/jeduan/cordova-plugin-facebook4/blob/master/docs/TROUBLESHOOTING.md#no-reply-from-login

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19619317/generate-a-key-hash-for-facebook-apps-in-android

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/android/getting-started?locale=en_GB#release-key-hash

Hope it helps!

• Thanks for the quick response.

I already have that hash generated and added to facebook and the app (it´s what I meant with signed). Hope we find a solution sooner or later.

UPDATE:

1. I had to fix something wrong in the Facebook OAuth settings, specifically I had to add "http://localhost/" This didn´t solve the problem though.

2. Tried Intel XDK and used the simulation feature for debugging. This shows two errors. (Well it shows more but I think the "Uncaught module ... already defined" can be ignored, it happens for every plugin and I assume it´s because of the Simulation) The two errors appeared once I clicked the Login button.

Any pointers? Josek5494

• Josek5494

Final Update on the problem and good news: It is fixed and it is NOT a Problem with your Plugin!

The reason why it wasn´t working is kinda simple. After tinkering around a bit I remembered someone mentioning that the "Minify script" option caused a problem in a plugin for him. So I disabled this when exporting and... boom! It´s working. That probably explains why it works for some people and doesn´t for some other.

I´m happy now, 5 Stars for your plugin

• Josek5494

Final Update on the problem and good news: It is fixed and it is NOT a Problem with your Plugin!

The reason why it wasn´t working is kinda simple. After tinkering around a bit I remembered someone mentioning that the "Minify script" option caused a problem in a plugin for him. So I disabled this when exporting and... boom! It´s working. That probably explains why it works for some people and doesn´t for some other.

I´m happy now, 5 Stars for your plugin

Thanks for those good news! ^^ Good luck with your projects!

• Hello,

I have started to use this plugin and I have question/problem about 'Get Login Status' action.

It seems that it does not trigger conditions 'On get login status success' or 'On get login status failed'.

Also I would appreciate more documentation for plugin.

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello.

Is this plugin supports HTML5 game in the web server?

I bought this plugin.

I made test game and upload my web server. But, doesn't working.

I did export both of HTML5 and Cordova.

But, All of them not working.

Reply me, thanks.

• Josek5494

Does this plugin work with CocoonIO build for Android and iOS?

The Store is down hene I am not able to see any screenshot. How the the popup look like? Will it appear inside the game screen or open in a new browser outside the game?

• I tried emailing the person who sells this plugin but never got a reply. Can anyone tell me how

to enter my App ID and App secret to connect to my facebook app?

• I tried emailing the person who sells this plugin but never got a reply. Can anyone tell me how

to enter my App ID and App secret to connect to my facebook app?

I'm not using this plugin, but I guess it should work the same.

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/f ... ation-code

Just add the variables for "APP_ID" and "APP_NAME" to your config.xml. Make sure to enter the right plugin path to the cordova plugin.

Edit: just saw that this plugin is using the same cordova plugin as in my guide. So you can copy / paste the implementation code. Just

exchange the ID and Name value.

Regards

Andy

• AndreasR I will try this. Many thanks!

• Please some one give me how to use this plugin, no documentation or sample capx?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)