Blue Robot Megaguy — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
<h3>Important:</h3><div class="deshr"></div> this template is an extended version of a FREE tutorial featured in my YouTube channel youtube.com/user/cdkyu However, the extra features are not covered there. You can use that tutorial to see step by step how the base engine was built.<p><h3>Important:</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p> requires a Personal License (due to number of events) and C2 version 227 and above.</p><h3>Description:</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p><p>This template contains the mechanics for a platform/shooter game inspired by a famous 8-bit blue robot guy, based on its first game, with some added features from later ones. It features the mechanics of the game. It does NOT include Enemy AI.</p><p>The code is fully commented, and the variables are described when you select them.</p><h3>Basic features: (showed in the tutorial)</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- Move left, right, and variable jump.
- Shooting and upgrading to different shots.
- Sprite color changing for upgrading (WebGl effects)
- Simple ladder movement.
- Interactive doors.
- Pause and menu.
- Animations: stand, run, jump, shoot, damage, run + shoot, jump + shoot, climb, climb + shoot.
<h3>Extra features: (template)</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- Wall slide, wall jump, recoil damage.
- 2-stages charge shot
- Animation reset from shooting to idle/jumping/running.
- Custom animation code from run to run + shoot that offers better results than �play from current frame�.
- Improved menu: shows ammo of each weapon.
- Improved HUD: shows ammo of weapon when selected.
- Dynamic camera: scroll & lock, moves by code.
- Better ladder movement: climb up to platforms, climb down from platform to ladder.
Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Blue Robot Megaguy