Basic Pinball Template (Templates)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Basic Pinball Template — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/basic-pinball-template-986

<p>This is a commented .capx template that uses the physics behaviours to create a basic pinball game.</p><p>Features include :</p>

• Mobile and Desktop controls
    • Sound effects
    • Skill Shot
    • Multiplier
    • Extra Ball
    • Multiball

<p>Graphics assets can be found as part of the pinball sprite pack by DravenX.</p><p>Sound assets are all part of the free Sound FX pack by GameBurp.</p><p>Any questions, comments or problems, please contact me immediately.</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Basic Pinball Template

• Demo link?

• Apologies for the delay. Here's a link, best played on mobile :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/245987915/Basic%20Pinball/index.html

• Hi!

Are you considering to add a Pause button? I am not sure how difficult it would be as it would be necessary to somehow save the variables related to the physics of all the balls in the screen.

Thank you!

• Hello! Apologies for the delay in replying.

The early version of this actually did have a pause function that worked in the way you described, but it was really buggy if it was paused when the ball was in contact with anything. So unfortunately I had to remove it so I could finish the template. However I do think it would be possible to pause like that, perhaps I was missing something when I made it! I may come back to it in the future but unfortunately my time is being spent on other projects right now.

Thanks for your feedback!

• Hey!

Thank you for your reply!

First, I want to say that the Pinball Template is totally awesome. I am now playing around with it and all the code is totally clear and the mechanics are working great. So thank you!

I finally solved the Pause feature by just putting Delta time to 0! It was finally quite easy! To sum up the code: Syste: On clicking Pase Button --> System: set time scale to 0. Then, for returning to Pause we set the time scale again to 1.

It's working fine, no bugs so far

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for finding the solution! I didn't even think to try that! I guess when you get hung up on trying to find a complex solution there's always a simple one that works!

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you found it useful!

• The demo link is broken, can we get an updated link so we can check it out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)