Basic Interval Timer (Game Templates)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Basic Interval Timer — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/basic-interval-timer-2122

<p>Timers are often used in games, both mobile and desktop, and games made in Construct 2 are no different. This template is a basic example of how you can have the user enter a timer length and have it tick down visually on screen until it expires.</p><p>This template also highlights the versatility of Construct 2, and shows how this excellent development tool can be used to create a wide range of apps, not just games. </p><p>This template features :</p>

• Desktop mouse and mobile touch controls
    • Ability to create up to 6 intervals of different lengths
    • Creation of a numpad that allows you to enter in numbers for timer values
    • Create a set of intervals and loop them up to 10 times
    • Sound effects when an interval or set of intervals end

<p>Link to demo : dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/245987915/Interval%20Timer/index.html%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3ESound effects made with BFXR : bfxr.net/%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EAny questions or comments please email or PM me.</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Basic Interval Timer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi!

Very interesting template.

I have a question. Is the timer working if I close the game?

For example, let's say I am working on a tycoon and I have a house that needs 4 hours to be built. Can the user close the game and return to it after 4 hours and see the timer set to 0?

Also, is it possible to show the timer in a different format? For example HH:MM:SS.

Thank you!

• Hello and sorry for the delay in replying, unfortunately my work life far exceeds my Construct 2 life! Thank you for the questions.

At current the timer will not continue if you close it. Mostly because I do not know how to implement that! Maybe someone will be able to here.

I have not added different formats for the timer, but it should be relatively easy to do with some event changes.

I know that this timer is missing a lot of features that might be considered standard on many apps, but hopefully it still qualifies as a 'basic timer template', as I simply don't see many people using C2 for things that aren't games I thought I'd make a little something!

Thank you for your feedback!

• Hi!

Yeah, it's just what I thought, it seems a quite difficult feature.

Thank you in any case!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)