Babylon3D: Standard Edition

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • [v0.5]

• Now you can create scenes from scratch using in C2 without the need of a 3D editor.
    • Shadows are a behavior for easy configuration
    • You can now import .obj or animated .js models
    • Performance boost by 30%
    • You can now choose from 3 different render modes: Top, Inside and Bottom.
    • Updated to the latest version of the javascript library.

[v0.4]

• Compatible with all C2 versions.
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Particle system is now a behavior.
    • Added MeshArray plugin.
    • Added shadows system
    • Organized the functions by categories

[v0.3]

• C2 properties such as opacity,position,size etc... apply now to the scene.
    • Scene is now compatible with C2 effects ( Thanks

rexrainbow !)

Multiple scenes can now be added to a single layout

Set objects as plugins for easy manipulations

You have now the choice to choose between default Babylon3D control or C2 control, if you choose C2, the scene objects act as sprites, therefore you will be able to use default behaviors and control them with native functions.

Joints now work for both CannonJS and OimoJS.

Added 10 behaviours for scene objects.

Added particle system.

[v0.2]

• Added bone animations support.
    • Added CannonJS constraints and rigid vehicle.
    • Added mesh on collide condition.
    • Fixed some bugs.

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Babylon3D: Scene Loader Edition

• as for now, at this early stage, i did not expected for the plugin to be so good, i mean loads 780mb scenes, in 1-5 seconds, where in other plugins wold take me an easy 10-30 minutes, depending on the server the game is hosted on, and internet connection.

its great, i done with it in 3 hrs what i did with other similar plugins in 1 week. awesome job, please keep at it, and dont get bumped about my sometimes harsh comments, i have a bad filtering system, when im talking my mind.

if i had to rate it, 4/5 at current stage, cause that 1 star makes the difference from a finished product and one that is not yet there, and this is close to be a 5 star and i bet it will be soon enough.

Again, great job and hope to see your new updates as soon as you can Master X3M!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • maybe add real time example demo ?

Like what for example?

delgado Here you have some demos:

Scene made in 3DS max 2013, controls and settings assigned with Construct 2:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... mo-1-12037

Control a skinned mesh animations with a single Construct 2 function:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... mo-2-12156

A wolfenstein like game, features physics, collisions, lights and interactivity:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... mo-3-12340

X3M I think you should put them in the Babylon3D store page to people can check what things they can do with the plugin.

• matriax Yes, I've got to upload the v0.3 first with the examples you requested, and then I should make some Youtube tutorials

• matriax Yes, I've got to upload the v0.3 first with the examples you requested, and then I should make some Youtube tutorials

Great to ear that! I hope to finish my actual game this weekend and start to code full on this 3D plugin.

I talked about it on other forums and at least one friend bought it, and with more docs, examples and the stuff we can do and show to the community, sure will be lot of people interested to buy it .

I also will do some tutorials/videos/templates to me for learn and also to feed my patreon/twitter/youtube channel to show what this plugin can do and how to use it.

• Thanks, cell looks great with opening door, can you make short videa how you making this game using plugin?

> maybe add real time example demo ?

>

delgado Here you have some demos:

Scene made in 3DS max 2013, controls and settings assigned with Construct 2:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... mo-1-12037

Control a skinned mesh animations with a single Construct 2 function:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... mo-2-12156

A wolfenstein like game, features physics, collisions, lights and interactivity:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... mo-3-12340

X3M I think you should put them in the Babylon3D store page to people can check what things they can do with the plugin.

• delgado As I promised, when I update to v0.3, i'll provide with it the capx of that demo.

• Very impressive, my question is: unlike on Q3d, with Babylon3d, can we export the proyect with cordova and eventually use cocoon io or XDK? I mean, it works on mobile?

• Very impressive, my question is: unlike on Q3d, with Babylon3d, can we export the proyect with cordova and eventually use cocoon io or XDK? I mean, it works on mobile?

Well I can't tell how the plugin is going to perform on mobile, It was mean't to be run only on the web, but still you can test and see how much FPS you get. I'm not optimistic regarding performance since many 2D games suffer. If 2D game can barely reach 30 fps, then I can say that 3D games will not be playable at all in mobile.

Nonetheless its still a predicament and not a fact, who knows, maybe with the rights settings you could pull out a performing game for mobile devices.

• I'm interested in this plugin, but is there not a way as the developer that you can attempt to get one of your projects on mobile and give us solid answer about performance? All you need is an android phone and xdk.

It shouldn't cost you anything aside from the phone (maybe you could even borrow that?). If you could offer honest results about mobile I think 1. you'll be surprised that games made efficiently may still run great. If the game runs fast in the browser of a phone there is no reason it wouldn't run fast in a wrapper like cocoon or xdk (cordova) because THEY use the same native browser to run the game. If you could show people how well a game can run on mobile, you would likely drive more adopters (customer$$$) to buy your plugin.

I would also LOVE to see the workflow of this engine. I see a glimpse of it.. could you or anyone make a basic tutorial to help walk us through the steps? Could you make a video that goes step by step to do something simple.. then maybe make a second video that builds off that simple "here is how you position the camera.. create solid ground.. create an object. maybe spawn multiple objects in a second tutorial and show how physics would work.

I'm happy to buy the plugin and become a supporter as I have a game that I really want to make in 3D but unity and unreal are just not fun to work with and i love c2..

maybe you include a bunch of capx files that show each feature? I understand there may be some learning to it, but what I didn't care for with Q3D was that we had what felt like no support and it was confusing to make sense of it.. even with examples.. the examples were too complex to unravel for me personally at least.. and i never saw many people do much with it so i suspect it wasn't just me that found it tough to figure out.

Thanks,

Caleb

• I'm interested in this plugin, but is there not a way as the developer that you can attempt to get one of your projects on mobile and give us solid answer about performance? All you need is an android phone and xdk.

It shouldn't cost you anything aside from the phone (maybe you could even borrow that?). If you could offer honest results about mobile I think 1. you'll be surprised that games made efficiently may still run great. If the game runs fast in the browser of a phone there is no reason it wouldn't run fast in a wrapper like cocoon or xdk (cordova) because THEY use the same native browser to run the game. If you could show people how well a game can run on mobile, you would likely drive more adopters (customer$$$) to buy your plugin.

I would also LOVE to see the workflow of this engine. I see a glimpse of it.. could you or anyone make a basic tutorial to help walk us through the steps? Could you make a video that goes step by step to do something simple.. then maybe make a second video that builds off that simple "here is how you position the camera.. create solid ground.. create an object. maybe spawn multiple objects in a second tutorial and show how physics would work.

I'm happy to buy the plugin and become a supporter as I have a game that I really want to make in 3D but unity and unreal are just not fun to work with and i love c2..

maybe you include a bunch of capx files that show each feature? I understand there may be some learning to it, but what I didn't care for with Q3D was that we had what felt like no support and it was confusing to make sense of it.. even with examples.. the examples were too complex to unravel for me personally at least.. and i never saw many people do much with it so i suspect it wasn't just me that found it tough to figure out.

Thanks,

Caleb

Thanks for the encouragement mate, regarding the mobile performance, I've asked some clients to test two examples on their Android devices and they said that it ran without any problem with an FPS ranging from 49 to 60. BUT the examples were not bloated with objects, they barely had 4 to 9 3D objects on the scene.

I need to make a stress project to give a benchmark, would you export it using XDK and test it on your mobile device ? I would be very thankful if you could do that since I can't export to XDK since I only have the free version.

I've been working on some tutorials, I'll post them as soon as possible. For now you can download the capx examples or the showcase games to have an idea on how things work, It's as simple as making a 2D game, but with an extra dimension ( Z axis).

Yes I'll be adding a capx showcasing examples from Basic to Advanced usage.

Well I'll be using this plugin to make a 3D game ( A Mario Party like game ) which I will be using to enter the Airconsole contest, so far things are going well, here is a SS of what I've done so far :

• I'm happy to help test anything out, but I don't have the plugin itself. you said there is something i can download now? is the plugin available to test out before buying? I wasn't sure. I got kinda burned with Q3D.. I bought it a long time ago and he still has no tutorials for it!

It sounds like you're doing it right though. releasing tutorials and understanding that we need building blocks to work our way up. I don't think it will take a lot (i hope) to make sense of it, but still i'm sure there are some unique concepts that need to be understood before we can get creative with it.

Let me know where I can find what you need and I'll test it out asap! I am technically in computer limbo as my macbook pro is in the shop getting fixed so i'm on an older pc that needs to get xdk installed. i dont' think i have a suitable p12 file to do iOS till i get my mac back but i should be able to do android in the meantime and i have an older Samsung Galaxy S4 so it will be a good test as it's an older (but was high end in it's day) so it should be a fair assessment of a reasonably modern android device. If it runs a 3d game poorly then there is something wrong with the engine/plugin, not the phone.

Thanks!

Caleb

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)