So, when version 1.0 hits...

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • it is kinda weird that they would put "full version" on it

I expect "full version" to them means "not a demo with deliberately restricted functionality".

'Course, Construct has its own limitations, but they're because it's not finished (in the "feature-complete" sense). The overwhelming majority out there, unused to an open-source, release-early-and-often model, would call that a "prerelease version".

• im worried about all the 12 yr olds wanting to make Maple Story clones <.<

• im worried about all the 12 yr olds wanting to make Maple Story clones <.<

NOWAI MAPOL STOREI IS TEH SUXXOR JOO WANTO MAEK FINOL FANTOSEE CUZ ITS TEH BETOR GAEM LOLOLOLO!LL!O!1!one

~Sol

• [quote:9yzgfboy]NOWAI MAPOL STOREI IS TEH SUXXOR JOO WANTO MAEK FINOL FANTOSEE CUZ ITS TEH BETOR GAEM LOLOLOLO!LL!O!1!one

[quote:9yzgfboy]I'm more worried about the "OMG I have an idea for the BEST RPG/MMO ever!" kids.

[quote:9yzgfboy]OMG I R HAB DIS IDEEA WER DIS ARE-PEE-GEE GAEM IS MAEK IN CONSTROCT BUT I DONO HOW2DOITRITE!!1! CAN SUM1 HALP MAEK GAEM FOR MEH PLOX???!

Would you please stop this stereotypical thinking?

I'm hoping to be using Construct v1.00 in before 2009. Actually it is more probable that we'll see first professional-looking game made in still-beta Construct. I think releasing Cons1 will be a big event for indie games market. At this time I can't see much more advanced, universal yet easy to use editors (maybe Game Maker).

• Chill Broo...

That's what us Australians call "Taking the piss out".

Sure there will be plenty of awesome and professional games. That's the whole point... but there are always going to be "those" kind of people... expecting to make Doom 5 using a wizard based program... and I will be here to take the piss out of them.

~Sol

• Would you please stop this stereotypical thinking?

You know how people say "it's stereotypical because it's true," but it turns out it's not actually true? This isn't one of those things. I post on a few game dev sites pretty regularly, this kind of thing happens a lot.

It will happen here too. In fact it already has, just not as as much. It's just something you have to learn to live with.

Still a little annoying though.

• Yes. There are unexperienced people with too high expectations of programs. Using such generalizations (youngster wants Doom5) simply leads "elite user" to tease newbie "because he surely must be a lamer".

On klik communities I frequently observe such situations:

There's a newbie who asks about thing too complex to make. Instead of answers like "it's impossible", there are answers like "What a noob. You would like at the very beggining make a RTS!?". This is what I don't like. If some newbie begins to act arrogant then sure - warn him! ban him! But only then.

• As I said before eventually some new users will turn in to helpful and productive community members, so it makes sense to always be nice to new users. New users, on the other hand, would do well to make sensible and coherent posts. If people turn up posting gibberish, it makes it difficult to help them.

It's no reason to turn away new users because you're afraid that will happen.

• I'm still trying to figure out where anyone said "don't let newbies in here"... I'm more than happy to help beginners, no matter how rediculous/ambitious they seem... BUT I will always casually mention that they may be biting off more than they can chew when they start mentioning things like "IM GONNA MAKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!" or "IM GONNA MAKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!".

It's great to be ambitious and excited etc etc... but coming from a long background of gaming and indie production, I have to say nothing is as easy as it seems. Imagine what people like Ash and Dave and Rich go through having to learn C++ and stuff like that! I feel like an idiot posting "I can't get my animation to play right" compared to those guys.

You gotta understand Broo, that we were just having a joke... don't take it so seriously. Most people here know that we tend to help newbies just as much, if not more than we help each other. That's the whole idea behind being a "community". Maybe our sense of humor is a little different to yours or something, I don't know? We were just messin' around mate... here have a hug. *hug*

~Sol

• OKey I just got easily offended. Sorry ^^.

• OKey I just got easily offended. Sorry ^^.

All good mate. No worries

~Sol

• It's no reason to turn away new users because you're afraid that will happen.

I would never turn someone away just because they're... incoherent. I'm usually (well, sometimes) (um, okay... occasionally) helpful.

But that doesn't mean I don't secretly want to strangle them muahahaha

• oh come on Deadeye, youve got tons of posts and didnt you say you wrote some wiki articles? thats way more help im gonna be. I dont like teaching someone something that I dont know much about. I mean I'd try but good luck. Im semi-dee-dee-dee so you probably wouldnt get far with me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oh come on Deadeye, youve got tons of posts and didnt you say you wrote some wiki articles? thats way more help im gonna be. I dont like teaching someone something that I dont know much about. I mean I'd try but good luck. Im semi-dee-dee-dee so you probably wouldnt get far with me

You never know man... hang around long enough and you will end up writing tutorials yourself becasue you get bored!

~Sol

• Im semi-dee-dee-dee

Aw geez, did you just quote Carlos Mencia? That's it, I'm never helping you again

Heh, jk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)