motivation and disipline for the unmotivated & undisciplined

0 favourites
  • Fitting signature, sved.

• So I think http://workflowy.com is the best one I've found, its absolutely perfect for me, its already helping me so much. Has a fantastic UI, and all the features I need.

Thank you for the link . I just started using this this morning for my current project, and got coder on it as well so we're sharing the same list. I've been feeling pretty bogged down lately because we're behind schedule and it just seemed like the workload was too much. Once I got everything I needed to do organized into an outline it really didn't seem all that bad, and I had my first stress-free production day in two weeks.

Well, aside from arguing with my teammate about how the level progression should be handled, but that's not related to the workload .

• I just started using this this morning for my current project...

What you're working on, if I may ask. Is it that cubic guy platformer? And do you both do coding? I'd like to start some project with a friend, but we'll probably both do coding and I still don't know how to merge our work, if one should do menus and stuff and the other main thing? What's your advice?

sorry for little ot

• some of this might seem obvious, but it wasn't to me at first so ill share it anyhow.

In workflowy, hitting tab will indent your current item to a subitem of the previous, it works regardless of the cursor position. Shift tab unindents. In mobile browsers there are >>'s to indent and unindent. Backspacing the bullet point erases the item. And enter of course completes the item and starts a new one at the same level of indentation. I believe this was covered in the intro video, but the crosshair on the right side is used to drag and drop events. if there is a way to do this in mobile browsers, I haven't figured it out yet

• You can also tap enter a couple of times to go back an indent level.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I just started using this this morning for my current project...

>

>

What you're working on, if I may ask. Is it that cubic guy platformer? And do you both do coding? I'd like to start some project with a friend, but we'll probably both do coding and I still don't know how to merge our work, if one should do menus and stuff and the other main thing? What's your advice?

sorry for little ot

I don't want to derail the thread or anything, but it's a puzzle platformer for the iPhone. I have done a small amount of C# coding on the project (we're using Unity3D), but for the most part the coding is being done by one of the other guys. I just do the art. Well, and a lot of general design stuff on game mechanics and UI and whatnot. I even used Construct to prototype a few things in the game .

Anyway, I don't really have much advice on how to get a team together... my friend (the coder guy) came to me and asked if I wanted to work for his new company (yeah, he started an actual company with a business license and everything, go figure). He has another friend who is putting up all the money to get us started, and who is basically the boss because of that. So, um... yeah, if you know someone who wants to start a game company and they have a generous friend who wants to invest in it then that would be a good place to start.

Sorry, I know that's not too helpful

• I was going to add to this discussion, but I don't think anyone would take me seriously.....

• Churchil said "If you got messy desk then people know u work" or somethng like that

Sometimes u just have to sit down, fck everything else and focus. That's real discipline i guess.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)