Construct 2 To Expensive!

• Hey all,

I recently was considering buying Consruct 2, But it was simply to expensive.

$119 Dollars (ZAR R1199) was way over my limit, I was thinking something like $29.

Owh well... Looks like I have to wait now for a special!

• How insulting lol.

• In comparison to most other game creators, its an absolute bargain price! For one thing, you don't need to pay a licence fee each year, and also the various add-ons (such as IOS/android etc) come as part of the package. Then there's the weekly updates which give a whole wealth of new features at no extra cost.

If you can't afford c2 yet, then wait for a birthday or Christmas and get practising with the free version until then (that's what I did. I'm very happy with my investment).

• Maybe game dev isn't the right hobby for you? C2 is cheap! Game dev becomes expensive when you have to hire freelancers for art, music and/or code.

• 29$ ? sounds good but not for Scirra ^^

More seriously, C2 is one of the cheapest compared to "similar" products. There is no hidden cost, everything is included, and updates make it even more useful. You can do a lot on the free version too, families are not essential at first, as the other exporters.

In fact, it could easily cost 50% more without it being overpriced in my opinion.

• Ahahah ! You can't be serious...?!

• You have to take into account that in many other game making programs you pay additional fees for export modules and that sucks.

• Wow, you are either very audacious or very young.

• Stalker247 You obviously have no experience with how much it costs and how much time it takes to make tools like this. Look at any other tools like this and Construct 2 is way below the price of most. There is also a free version.

• Stalker247 are you trolling? I love a bargain as much as anyone but $29 is just silly. Stick to the free version and you will quickly realise $99 is a steal.

• Though C2 is inexpensive compared to it's competitors, keep in mind that Stalker247 is talking about the currency conversion rate - the south african rand (zar) is worth a tenth what a dollar is worth - so in this case, as he mentioned, it would be like people in the US paying over a thousand bucks for it, which is significant! It's not so audacious or insulting when you think of it that way. People in countries with currencies that are less valuable have to deal with this sort of thing often. It's difficult to justify buying something when the money could feed your entire family for months.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Arima

Thanks for the extra info - that certainly puts things into perspective! Given the choice between making a game, or having a few months of meals, I think I'd probably go with the latter.

Pesky exchange rate!

• You can use free edition to host in chrome store, some portal games which support html5 and they offer ads, then buy C2. Make simple games with 100 events you could earn little profit.

• But that's against the terms of using the free version of C2 and they would have to buy it.

• Though C2 is inexpensive compared to it's competitors, keep in mind that Stalker247 is talking about the currency conversion rate - the south african rand (zar) is worth a tenth what a dollar is worth - so in this case, as he mentioned, it would be like people in the US paying over a thousand bucks for it, which is significant! It's not so audacious or insulting when you think of it that way. People in countries with currencies that are less valuable have to deal with this sort of thing often. It's difficult to justify buying something when the money could feed your entire family for months.

You are absolutly right there Arima, I am a 17 year old student and you just don't get 119 dollars... you will keep saving and keep saving.

1 dollar = about 10 ZAR with that I can buy myself a 2lr drink and a loaf of bread...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)