Aquaria - what the bones look like

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack of blood, flesh and bone sounds for War, Battlefield, Medieval Weapon, Fighting, Horror, containing 300 SFXs.
  • Anyone whos played Aquaria will be familiar with this character

Well by using the mod editor, I was able to extract what the bones look like:

I figured this might be helpful for artists who wanted to design their characters so they could be used with the bone system in mind

I'm tempted to extract actual graphics out of this game but I'm worried it'll get me into trouble....

• LOL the fish is a bit random xD

This is exactly how I have broken down my character for bones. Every joint needs to be "severed" and made into a seperate object. Nice find man!

~Sol

• They show the bone setup in this design tour video: http://www.vimeo.com/2694367 It's about 2 minutes into the video. The whole thing is a pretty good watch though.

• wow that video is great. Its just amazing how those particular graphics all join together and the character can completely change from a sleeping stance to a stand up stand and the graphics not lose any kind of quality (like the bones revealing themselves by having gaps etc)

• If only l'd done some searching around on their forums, and possibly found a mod that contained the artwork of the character for a 'template', and if only those copywrite graphics were hosted on their own server somewhere like here: http://bit-blot.com/aqmods/naija_sprites.zip but that would be trolling wouldn't it and I'm not a troll

• So I tried assembling her with bone movement. Results are pretty good of course the quality would be determined by how well i boned her body and how well I rotated her limbs. OH MAN I JUST REALISED HOW TERRIBLE THAT SOUNDS. Anyways, since I did get the graphics off their own forum, hopefully they wont mind me putting together this cap file using those graphics. However if theres any violation of anything I'm happy to remove it.

• That might be why modelers use the term 'rigged'.

• It looks really nice put together like that. I hope the BitBlot guys don't mind using Naija for an example like this, but I have a feeling they wouldn't as long as nobody uses their stuff for an actual game. And it's really helpful to see how the pieces are constructed, how they overlap, where the outlines stop, etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That might be why modelers use the term 'rigged'.

I learned that one after I told my dad that I still had to "bone my model "

• "of course the quality would be determined by how well i boned her body and how well I rotated her limbs"

tsk tsk tsk, and i thought you were a nice guy...

• "of course the quality would be determined by how well i boned her body and how well I rotated her limbs"

tsk tsk tsk, and i thought you were a nice guy...

I'm SO tempted to quote that for my sig... but then I'll lose my image xD

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)