Title/Menu Screens

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented template with list menus and shops to use in your top-down RPGs or metroidvania games!
  • What is fundamental in a title screen?

I had an idea for a title screen I had to design and I started researching title screens and started writing down what I liked about each that I saw. Overall I liked the ones that made all the attention go to the title of the game. Could be pretty obvious but then I realized my original idea was sort of flawed. Because I wanted to add more to it and it would've taken attention away from the name of the game.

What do you guys think is important to trasmit at this stage?

Share some title screens as well from any game at any point.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CCPWAkVVEAAAFXl.mp4

I loved that one by FlyingOakGames, I think the Animation is also really important!

And this metroid one has chilling music which sets a really great vibe.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A title screen should set the tone for the rest of the game, whatever that may be.

Morrowind had a very effective one, with the hearbeat sound accompanying the song playing. The initial of each house at the corners of the imperial logo.

Civilization 4 had a great main menu. Showing the earth spinning (EDIT: now that I look at it, it doesn't spin, only the clouds do) while having a great track playing in the background (fun fact: the song was the first video game composition to win a grammy).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)