Sonic Adventure 2 Chao Garden..

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Hybrid Sonic Branding Kit is a business identity & motion graphics sound effects library.
  • I always wanted to replicate something like the chao garden from the adventure sonic titles in a game, you guys think that's possible in construct 2? or coding would be a necessity?

• What elements of the game are you looking to replicate? You won't be able to make a 3D world but it will be possible to replicate some of the systems from the game as long as they work in 2D.

• What elements of the game are you looking to replicate? You won't be able to make a 3D world but it will be possible to replicate some of the systems from the game as long as they work in 2D.

Just the Chao garden system simplified in 2D, like a monster raising system.

• I think it's more than possible to do, but you may have to be more specific. It narrows it down a lot, but a 'creature raising system' is still pretty vague, in my opinion.

You might want to specifically tell us what you are looking to emulate in terms of a feature list, such as creature stats, some sort of transformation/growth system (like, I mean Pokemon, Digimon, etc, if you catch my drift)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think it's more than possible to do, but you may have to be more specific. It narrows it down a lot, but a 'creature raising system' is still pretty vague, in my opinion.

You might want to specifically tell us what you are looking to emulate in terms of a feature list, such as creature stats, some sort of transformation/growth system (like, I mean Pokemon, Digimon, etc, if you catch my drift)

Creatures stats,

Items to be given to the creatures to upgrade those stats

& an evolution system for when the creature reaches those certain stats.

• Yeah you can always store stats

• If you learn some basic array knowledge, all of this is very doable, and in fact easy.

I sort of have items down pat too, but not so sure about form changes. That may require some thought, at least for how to figure it out myself.

(sorry for the late reply)

• If you learn some basic array knowledge, all of this is very doable, and in fact easy.

I sort of have items down pat too, but not so sure about form changes. That may require some thought, at least for how to figure it out myself.

(sorry for the late reply)

Hm, ok great! Thanks for the info. And I mean the change would be pretty simple I think. Like once the stats reach a certain level just have them jump, and then change the Sprite. I would think

• Yeah you can always store stats

Good, thank you so much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)