Publishing game on a "private" site?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of vector game assets contains ground tiles and several objects, used for creating platformer games
  • I would really avoid this "publish" thing but since it's the only way I can preview games on android without spending 100 dollars I have to go through this pain...

What I'd like to do is uploading the game to a site only I and a few select can access, maybe one that is hosted on a local server or a free web hosting site with a "only visible to me" feature.

Alternatively, can you help me on how to upload a game to a weebly site? I heard I have to embed the code or something (probably the code included inside an html file) but how about the files/folders, shouldn't I upload those too? I'm confused by the tons of guides I read

Thanks in advance.

• A lot of ISPs allow you to have some web space to set up your own website. Often, you can even set up a simple web server on a laptop or PC, and just give your friends access to it. If you host on your own box, make sure you have a decent firewall in place so you don't expose yourself to hackers.

Export your game to HTML5 and then just copy everything as it was placed in your directory to your web server's directory. If you get a website with your ISP, they probably have a FAQ that can tell you how to copy web pages over to their servers.

As far as making an ISP's web space visible to only you and your friends, you will need to check their FAQ and / or talk to customer support. It's different for every service.

There are also several free drop box like services out there that may work for your needs.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I like google drive can upload a game host it and share it within a few minutes

• I like google drive can upload a game host it and share it within a few minutes

The funny thing is that I have Google Drive and didn't even think to mention it.

• I would really avoid this "publish" thing but since it's the only way I can preview games on android without spending 100 dollars I have to go through this pain...

What I'd like to do is uploading the game to a site only I and a few select can access, maybe one that is hosted on a local server or a free web hosting site with a "only visible to me" feature.

Alternatively, can you help me on how to upload a game to a weebly site? I heard I have to embed the code or something (probably the code included inside an html file) but how about the files/folders, shouldn't I upload those too? I'm confused by the tons of guides I read

Thanks in advance.

if its a game for browsers then Gamejolt, Kongregate and Newgrounds. Specially Newgrounds is great for this thing as you can even manage betatesters and they give you some personal hosting space with unlimited bandwitch

• itch.io lets you publish privately, and share it only with those you choose...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)