non UTF-8 Encoded characters for HTLM5 plat-form

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
120 Epic Fire FX Animations + 2 Bonus Characters. Contains 3000+ frames and a lot of Pixel Art Sprites
  • Hey guys!

I was trying to publish one of my game on itch.IO and I came across that problem.

I can play the game just fine on my computer and on my phone. There is no bug report of any kind when I run the debug mode.

I export it with the HTML5 preset, untill then everything is going just fine. But when I .zip it up and upload it on itch.IO, I get that message:

"Archive contains filename with non UTF-8 Encoded characters" And the game is not launching.

It happened once to me and the only solution was to remake the entire game from scratch...

Do you have any clue on how I can solve that problem?

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, same error message for me, did you find a solution (except restart from scratch, of course)?

I'll get back to you if I got news from my side.

• I think itch.IO need to support unicode characters properly.

One workaround is to make sure all your object names and project files only use ASCII in their names. This makes sure every exported file only uses ASCII, and avoids running in to issues with other services.

• I've found how to avoid this problem, download "DotNetZip", use the program (in the "Tools" folder) to create the .zip you will upload on itch.io, don't forget to set encoding options to utf-8, your done!

It worked for me.

• I've found how to avoid this problem, download "DotNetZip", use the program (in the "Tools" folder) to create the .zip you will upload on itch.io, don't forget to set encoding options to utf-8, your done!

It worked for me.

Thank you!!!

Finally I can upload my game again ^^

It worked for me.

sry im not really good with the problem at hand with the encoding and stuff, if you dont mind can you make a steps what to do? from after exporting the project to HTML5 from construct. and thank you in advance~

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)