[Request] Car+Pathfinding

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Cyles

Path finding might not be a good idea for car moving. Because that the path finding is grid based, it might turn left/right with 90 degrees. This kind of path might be strange in real car behavior.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • rexrainbow

So there's no real way to make AI vehicles then without using LJPotential?

This is why I was asking about pathfind + Car Physics, find the path via pathfinding, and use car physics, it's ok if a car turns 90 degrees, but I want it to use the car physics to achieve it, potentially smashing into buildings/other vehicles as it slides getting it's drift recovery.

• These are two different problem.

One is using LJ potential to decide the command of car, another is using path finding to find a possible path to target position.

• maybe I'll hire someone to create a plugin specifically for this with the variables I require to achieve realistic AI driving using a similar solution to pathfinding that handles car waypoints.

Thanks for directing me to your plugins tho, once I learn this program a little better I'm sure I will find many uses for them.

• maybe I'll hire someone to create a plugin specifically for this with the variables I require to achieve realistic AI driving using a similar solution to pathfinding that handles car waypoints.

Thanks for directing me to your plugins tho, once I learn this program a little better I'm sure I will find many uses for them.

This might be of use?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)