[plugin] Steam+leaderboard +experimental lobby [WIP]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A small template showing how to build a firebase ranking
  • Hi,

first of all thanks for this amazing plugin!

I'm having a bit of an issue with the leaderboards though.

Updating the leaderboard with the method "Keep best score" works once, but then it doesn't update the score for that entry.

The method "Force update" always works, however this is not quite what I want, since the player should be listed always with his highest achieved score.

Am I missing something?

I'm using 18.5 nw / version 1.4.1. of your plugin, Construct 2 R239

Thanks in advance & cheers!

• Hi,

Thank you.

The method "Keep best score" is related to the sort method of your leaderboard (ascending or descending)

When you use "Keep best score", Steam will compare the user's new score with his score already stored in the leaderboard, and keep the user's best score (the lowest score for leaderboards with an ascending sort order; the highest score for leaderboards with a descending sort order). eg: For highscore, use Descending.

Regards,

• Hey, it was the sorting method (had it on Ascending). Works perfectly now, thanks!

• Hey, it was the sorting method (had it on Ascending). Works perfectly now, thanks!

You're welcome

• Hi all,

A new update is coming with the following (end of this week):

For basic and full version, how achievements work will change a bit:

• Triggers "on achievement activate success/error" will become "On any unlock achievement request success/error "
    • New triggers "On unlock achievement request success/error" by achivement name will be created.

For full version:

Add expression "getSteamStatSynch"(by stat name) returns the stat value or a string with the error.

Note: The request action will be available too.

Action "Update Steam Stat" will be named "Set Steam Stat Value" and triggers for success/error too

A new action "Update Steam Stat" will be created; allow to add a value to an existing stat (with the related success/error triggers)

I was thinking about dropping support for NW12/15/16

As usual, feel free to :

• post and/or send me a PM about this.
    • share the name or the steam page of your game (here or via PM)
    • rate and review the plugin.

Regards,

• Hi,

The new conditions for Steam achievements should look like this:

General conditions are old conditions renamed; so you don't have to redo all your events/logic if you don't want to use the new conditions.

Regards,

• Hi,

V1.3 Basic and V1.5 for Steam4C2 are submitted.

List of change:

Basic and Full version:

New Propertie : Enable/Disable Debug Mode, Allow error message in console.

Conditions :

[Change]

Condition "On achievement activate success" is renamed "On Any Unlock Request Success"

Condition "On achievement activate error" is renamed "On Any Unlock Request Error"

Condition "On clear achievement success" is renamed "On Any Reset Achievement Request Success"

Condition "On clear achievement error" is renamed "On Any Reset Achievement Request Error"

Condition "On get achievement success" is renamed "On Any Achievement Is Already Unlocked"

Condition "On get achievement error" is renamed "On Any Achievement Is NOT Already Unlocked"

[New]

Add Condition "On Unlock Achievement Request Success", Triggered after 'Activate achievement' if the current achievement is successfully unlocked.

Add Condition "On Unlock Achievement Request Error", Triggered after 'Activate achievement' if the current achievement fails to be unlocked

Add Condition "On Unlock Achievement Request Error Already unlocked, Triggered after 'Activate achievement' if the current achievement fails to be unlocked

Add Condition "On Reset Achievement Request Success", Triggered after 'Clear achievement' if the current achievement was cleared.

Add Condition "On Reset Achievement Request Error", Triggered after 'Clear achievement' if current achievement can't be reset.

Add Condition "On Achievement is Already Unlocked", Triggered after 'Check Achievement State' if the achievement is unlocked.

Add Condition "On Achievement is Locked", Triggered after 'Check Achievement State' if the achievement is locked.

Add Condition "On Check Achievement State Request Error", Triggered after ANY 'Check Achievement State' if a error occurs (Wrong name or Steam Server).

Actions :

[Change]

Action "Activate achievement" is renamed "Unlock Achievement"

Action "Clear Achievements" is renamed "Reset Achievement"

Action "Achievement is unlocked?" is renamed "Check Achievement State"

Expressions :

[NEW]

Add Expression GetCloudTotal, Returns the amount of total byte on Steam Cloud.

Add Expression GetCloudAvailable, Returns the amount of available byte on Steam Cloud.

Full version :

Actions :

[Change]

Action "Update Steam Stat" is renamed "Set Steam Stat"

[NEW]

Add Action "Update Steam Stat", Add current Value to current Steam Stat.

Conditions :

[NEW]

Add Condition "On Update Stat Success", Triggered if the steam stat is updated successfully.

Add Condition "On Update Stat Error", Triggered if the steam stat fails to update.

Expressions :

[NEW]

Add Expression GetStatSynch, Returns Return Current Steam Stat Value.

Regards,

Edit: Error message are added for achievements and an error trigger is fired when you try to unlock an achievement already unlocked

• Thanks for the update! Good stuff. The changed Conditions/Actions make more sense now.

• Thank you digitalsoapbox . I will update the friend features with personastate (online offline...).

I working on workshop, http request, files operation, lobby and after that inventory and IAP.

• MadSpy will workshop support be only for the full version?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • andreyin ATM I will add workshop in full version as beta

• Thank you for the update! What would I do without this fantastic plugin

• When I export the game using the "basic version" plugin and export, my game is in black screen.

I am using the Steam4C2-Basic_3884 and NW 0.18.5 plug-in version.

How can I solve this problem.

• When I export the game using the "basic version" plugin and export, my game is in black screen.

I am using the Steam4C2-Basic_3884 and NW 0.18.5 plug-in version.

How can I solve this problem.

Have you added the correct steam.api file to the package file?

Have you read the plugin documentation? It explains everything step by step.

• Have you added the correct steam.api file to the package file?

Have you read the plugin documentation? It explains everything step by step.

The only configuration that was able to work on plugin 0.14 with plugin 3802.

I've already been able to activate achievements normally.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)