[plugin] Steam+leaderboard +experimental lobby [WIP]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A small template showing how to build a firebase ranking
  • xanxion , you're welcome and don't worry I'm still working on a manual/demo to show how to use all features

• This plugin has been working out extremely well, and actually allows previews! What a huge timesaver, not sure why Scirra dropped the ball so hard on Steam support. Thanks for putting in the effort,

• Thank you digitalsoapbox , I'm glad the plugin helps you

• I'm trying to get it to work, but after exporting I get a black screen when launching the game

• cordi , Please check if you downloaded the right version of steam SDK (SDK 1.34) and nw.js

• cordi , Please check if you downloaded the right version of steam SDK (SDK 1.34) and nw.js

Worked! I was using a newer SDK! Thanks!

Worked! I was using a newer SDK! Thanks!

• Hi all,

1/ A new version will be released with nw0.15 support

2/ NW 0.14.5 is supported by the plugin for NW14 (if you found a bug feel free to send a mail and I will build a version for nw 0.14.5)

3/ If you want, you can send me via PM or here the name of your game on Steam and I will take a look at how you use the plugin in your game

Regards,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

Plugin with NW0.15 support is live on store.

Regards,

• I have some questions:

Does it work with Mac OS and Linux?

What's the difference between the basic and the original versions? (only leaderboard?)

Is there going to be a demo or tutorial to show how and when to use Conditions like "On get achievement error" or "On clear achievement success"?

Thank you

• Hi HessamoddinS ,

1/ A Linux support is include, a Mac OS support is planed

2/ For now, only leaderboard.

3/ I work on a capx to show how it works. On get achievement is trigger when you check if an achievement is already unlocked by player(error = locked or invalid); On clear achievement is an optionnal feature: you can lock all user achievements (usefull for player who want to play again and redo all achievements)

• Hi HessamoddinS ,

1/ A Linux support is include, a Mac OS support is planed

2/ For now, only leaderboard.

3/ I work on a capx to show how it works. On get achievement is trigger when you check if an achievement is already unlocked by player(error = locked or invalid); On clear achievement is an optionnal feature: you can lock all user achievements (usefull for player who want to play again and redo all achievements)

Thanks for your respond. My game just got Greenlit but I'm still few months away to the release date. Hope Mac support be added till then

• I really appreciate your work and I'm willing to invest money in the advanced version soon.

However I'm one of those people that like to see results before they buy certain things, so in my case I would like

to see the fully working lobby feature added first.

Don't get me wrong, I trust you and I don't believe that you would scam people about certain features that you have planned to add.

The only thing that I want to avoid is to buy your plugin early (especially for the lobby feature) and then you come up to a point

were you have to drop the feature because of * problems later in the process.

I know I'm probably starting to annoy you with this question but:

How is the development of the lobby feature going and when do you plan to release it?

• Hi TheRealDannyyy ,

I undertand your feeling(/fear).

I have done only ~15% for lobby/matchmaking via Steam

I don't want you buy the plugin especially for lobby because I can't release it before months because Matchmaking+lobby for server is long to create even on C++ so you can imagine it's a long and hard work for JS (especially because I'm alone)

I prefer being honest and taking time before release a new feature

(Note: I don't know if this reply is really understandable due to my poor english)

• Hi all,

A quick hint about the incomming update

(Tested on a game already on steam: Umbra: Shadow of Death by Colludium )

Stay tunned,

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)