[plugin] Steam+leaderboard +experimental lobby [WIP]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A small template showing how to build a firebase ranking
  • Hi folks,

Steam overlay works as intented even with popup notification when you unlock an achievement; on the new version for NW14

(picture from 8bit Fiesta by Anonnymitet)

Tested on Win7 32/64b

Wow! This is amazing man!

• Amazing work!!! Would personally pay $250 for this if it was working on Mac OSX too.

• A Mac OSX build could be planned.

• Good job, mate! Hope you'll release it this month.

• Oh nice, it's good to finally see a Steam plugin for C2! I hope it won't be too much work to get it working for Mac too.

• Added:

*Utils:

• Conditions : IsViolence -> returns true if low violence is activated
    • Conditions: DLCOwned -> returns true if current DLC is owned by user
    • Expression: BatteryPower -> returns the percentage of remaining battery
    • Expression: AppID -> returns the AppID of the game/app
    • Condition/Trigger : LowPowerBat -> Fired when running on a laptop and less than 10 minutes of battery is left, fires then every minute
  • Oh wow!

You're really going for it with this. Amazing stuff

• MadSpy everything sounds nice and I'm really looking forward to this.

(Hopefully Ashley and/or the guys from greenheartgames won't give you any problems for creating this independently...)

I've got two requests to you regarding the plugins features:

1. I don't really understand how the lobby works in combination with C2, could you please explain it in detail for me?

2. I believe we talked privately about this feature some time ago but is it possible to fetch the steam users

profile picture URL without a lot of workarounds on my end? (Preferably in one single expression if possible.)

Again, thanks for your amazing work for the C2 community!

Also thanks for keeping us updated about the progress of the plugin, you are currently the only hope for a working steamworks plugin.

• TheRealDannyyy

[quote:2b7pjrnm](Hopefully Ashley and/or the guys from greenheartgames won't give you any problems for creating this independently...)

(I don't know why they would be against)

[quote:2b7pjrnm]1. I don't really understand how the lobby works in combination with C2, could you please explain it in detail for me?

In summary, Steam can create and manage lobby and C2+plugin can request for a new lobby and create it (for X users) and others users can join this lobby (with a request action)

For now experimental Steam lobby is just a chat room using multiplayer support from Steam... not really interesting. Allow your app to be a Steam game server and using lobby as a real game lobby (wait others players, invite friends, matchmaking) and enter in multiplayer game with them will be better... but quite long to create (with JS).

[quote:2b7pjrnm]2. I believe we talked privately about this feature some time ago but is it possible to fetch the steam users

profile picture URL without a lot of workarounds on my end? (Preferably in one single expression if possible.)

That's true. You can't download steam users profil picture URL, but you can request steam for users avatars. I tested some workaround with leaderboard but I'm not satisfied for now (and I use more than one single expression)

• For now experimental Steam lobby is just a chat room using multiplayer support from Steam... not really interesting. Allow your app to be a Steam game server and using lobby as a real game lobby (wait others players, invite friends, matchmaking) and enter in multiplayer game with them will be better... but quite long to create (with JS).

If you can get this to work, I'm totally willing to give you money for your hard work.

I currently use my own login system with "roomcodes" (like the jackbox games do), this would basically cut the whole part of my joining/matchmaking system.

So it would be possible to create a 2 player lobby and let them play together right?

• yes and I think it's possible to link multiplayer plugin and steam chat lobby (manage friend invits, allow steam multiplayer achievements...) with a lot of work ^^

Edit: But for now, release a fully working and stable plugin for Win7/8/10 (and Linux 32/64) compatible with nw14.0 is my priority ( lite version with overlay/DLC/achievements and other stuff and major version with leaderboard (request steamfriends leaderboard is coming))

Edit2: and probably add workshop stuff (when I have finished my Win launcher for nw export with native windows screen resolution change)

• I know that some functions will not work with a non-greenlit project but do you know which functions can actually work without the "steamapi .dll" files ?

When I start my game development with the plugin, I would really like to be able to test out certain functions beforehand.

Edit: How do you test functions that require a greenlighted game by the way, I'm just curious?

• without steamapi.dll? none because without this file, steam api plugin isn't available (same in preview)

without greenlighted game? you have access to user info and Steam UI language and errors for all other functions overlay should work with steam_app_id = 123456

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • without steamapi.dll? none because without this file, steam api plugin isn't available (same in preview)

without greenlighted game? you have access to user info and Steam UI language and errors for all other functions overlay should work with steam_app_id = 123456

I've got a fee for greenlight and access to the steamworks partner websites, can I get the .dll files there or does Valve send them only to games that got greenlit?

(I honestly don't feel well with releasing a game to greenlight that is still in development.)

I'm new to this whole steamworks stuff, I really need some help regarding the whole process with C2 + SteamAPI features.

• steam Api could be downloaded on steamworks main page (even if you don't have paid greenlight fee or if you don't have a game greenlighted)

steam app ID could be owned when you have a game greenlighted

once you have a greenlighted game, achievements/cloud setting/trading card/leaderboard/etc... could be set in your steamworks partner site for the greenlighted game and you can manage depot/build for your game (demo/test or beta, private or public/version etc...)

Steam advises to not submit a game before it is finished, the integration of the API is at the end.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)