Kinect Plugin

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • I have a few spare days ahead of me and had an interesting idea that i'd like to develop but not sure where to look at for doing this. I'd like to find where they movement operations are done, and replace the "is left arrow down" with "is left arm extended" while building my game. I have a game I'm making using the Kinect and needed to push movement data to the correct operators. Is it possible to clone and reuse the 8directional movement option to another one?

• I'm not sure browsers recognizes the kinect and that you can use it as a controler.

If you can find some way though, yes, you can "clone" the 8dir plugin.

Be sure to check the SDK to know how to do plugins for C2.

• plugin not needed for that ...IMHO kinect should be installed on local pc with OpenKinect(drivers) and redirected with Joy to Key (keyboard emulator for Joystick)

• I have the Kinect streaming camera data to a node.js server which then outputs to Canvas. This shows that I can track objects in realtime and output to HTML5 Canvas.

• I have the Kinect streaming camera data to a node.js server which then outputs to Canvas. This shows that I can track objects in realtime and output to HTML5 Canvas.

so what will u try to do with it ??i'm very very curious...i've seen lot of people doing homemade MOCAP (motion capture) with kinect on net...that's a very very powerful toy

• So when you are creating your game at some point you want to add controls and then you select a type of input such as keyboard, mouse, or touch. If one of these were to be the Kinect sensor or others in the future, we can start to think about game and web-application creation using motion sensing and all the other features on board the Kinect. Last summer we integrated the Kinect with the Unity3D game engine but what we didn't have was the ability to send to data to the browser and with Unity3D it needs plugins. I'd like to keep everything web-based with no plugins and Scirra came at just the right time :) .

One of the first applications that i'm working on involves assisting children with Autism and special needs to communicate and interact with immersive game environments using the Kinect for motion and speech detection.

• it would be really awesome to do...good luck osobh,let us know about your progress plz

• I haven't heard of any official way to get Kinect working in a HTML5 game, so you'll probably have to do some pretty crazy hack to make it work... I think it will be tough.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you seen that? kinection.codeplex.com

Looks intersting to me.

• Look at this too

zigfu.com/en/zdk/overview

• impressive

• I just wanna say, that I'd really like to see this become reality, even though this is an old thread..

• interesting way to play with our games, i wish to make some games with kinect or other camera controller

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)