Alright, so another status update, probably the last for the short-term. As mentioned previously, most time spent on this recently has been for replacing the way retrieving surface angles work. As of recently I managed to finally fix all the issues I was having, getting things to effectively the same point as the previous release, just easier to expand from, in theory.
The current issue, though, is that now that I've started trying to actually add things (namely rotation and tilemap support) I've started uncovering more bugs and edge-case scenarios.
Now, I'll still eventually get to the point where I can fix these, but A: running up against MORE BUGS after spending all this time on just getting back to square 1 is demotivating, and, more relevantly, B: university has started again.
It's not really fair for me to keep saying "soon, I promise" since it's already been like 6 months, so this is effectively notice of a hiatus in development for the behaviour, at least for a few months.
I still intend to continue work on this eventually, I'll continue adding any bug reports or feature requests to the todo list if anyone has anything, and if anyone needs suggestions for workarounds in the meantime I'm happy to give suggestions, but I thought it'd be only reasonable to let you guys know that development isn't speeding up quite yet.