[behavior] rex_spline

0 favourites
  • rexrainbow

No probs.

99Instances2Go

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I need it to be as accurate as possible. (It's for something timing based.)

I can get an accurate total length of a predesignated curved path, which would help, but from what I can see the Spline behavior doesn't seem to move through a multiple waypoint curved path at a constant speed.

• rexrainbow

No probs.

99Instances2Go

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I need it to be as accurate as possible. (It's for something timing based.)

I can get an accurate total length of a predesignated curved path, which would help, but from what I can see the Spline behavior doesn't seem to move through a multiple waypoint curved path at a constant speed.

If it is faster in the turnings, then the its a pretty constant average speed. Else, i have no suggestions left.

• Hello, I note that if speed is 0 the movement does not start.

I wanted to increase the speed gradually.

0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4

But for that we must have a minimum default speed on the object, for example: 0.1

So yes you can do what I want.

I suggest that the movement can start with 0.0 speed

Although the object will not move obviously.

What do you think ?. rex

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update

Now speed=0 will not trigger "Condition:On reach last point" immediately.

Fixed.

• Update

Now speed=0 will not trigger "Condition:On reach last point" immediately.

Fixed.

Thanks.

• Rex Rainbow;

I haven't used this yet, but I have a few suggestions from reading this thread:

1) a built-in way to transfer the path from the "pathfinding" official addin. (I know you can do this

by looping through the NodeXAt,NodeYAt pairs, but a load rex_splineFromPathfinding would be nice).

2) a path-length (in pixels).

Just suggestions.

yours

Winkr7

• winkr7

Added into TODO. But I could not implement recently.

It could not get exactly path-length, only approximate.

• rexrainbow

I have another suggestion. Frequently when following a path you encounter a solid. We could use a push_out_solid to path beyond solid. The idea is it skips past the solid to next free point on the path.

Another suggestion: given a point find the nearest point on the path.

Thanks for your time.

yours

Winkr7

• winkr7

Thanks for these suggestion.

However, this behavior uses interpolation to calculate points on curve, therefore these suggestions are not compatible with the algorithm of this behavior.

• Hi Rex, have you recently made any changes in the behavior? I'm seeing strange movements, accelerations and brakes that I think are not correct and you get a strange movement between the points.

For example, I use speed 20 but it is not constant, there are accelerations and decelerations, I think that should not happen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/test.capx

• the Mnk

Dropbox had closed "public" folder, therefore your link is invalided.

• the Mnk

Dropbox had closed "public" folder, therefore your link is invalided.

Ok, I think this should work now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cqybis0rsd45mt/test.capx?dl=0

• the Mnk

Thanks, I saw that bug. I might need more days to modify the moving calculating.

• the Mnk

Thanks, I saw that bug. I might need more days to modify the moving calculating.

Perfect! I will be attentive to this.

• the Mnk

I had updated this behavior, please download again. Here is a modified test capx from yours.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)