Native array methods

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Hello there!

I'm using SC2 for several years but it's first time I decide to make my own plugin.

Well, to improve existing one a little..

I have experience to work with different programming languages (C++, Delphi, Pascal and some others) and my question is not about how to make some things in JS.

But I can't find some information about where some methods (functions, properties etc.) came from.

This is a particular example.

Plugin: Array

File: runtime.js

Where can I find description of this things: cx, cy, cz, forX, forY, forZ, arr, forDepth and some others? I've tried to search it in *.js files in html5 folder but no succeeded.

I see that we can write this.cx = this.properties[0]; and this will be a Width of our Array.

And for example var a = this.arr; what is arr? It seems to be smth. like a link to our array but where did we found such description and others?

Well, another example, what means this.forX = []; or this.forDepth = -1;

I hope you understand what I want to know. Maybe I just can't see things under my nose

• Those variables are all entirely defined and used within that single file. If you don't know Javascript, it might be better to ask on a site like StackOverflow.com.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, thank you for your time, Ashley.

For now I can see that I just mix up in my head declaring and assignment.

Maybe I need to learn JS more, because I can't understand why we wrote for the first time

this.cx = this.properties[0]

instead of

var this.cx = this.properties[0]

I thought, that it is an assignment, just not declaration. It seems, that I'm not right..

• That is normal Javascript style. In constructors, member variables are initialised simply by assigning a value to this.something.

• This is already an object like var a = {}, so values can be assigned to a.something freely.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)