Help With Plugin Interface (and Video Plugin)?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi!

My specific question is "Is anyone able to give me a fast-track introduction to both the 3rd party video plugin, and how a third party can create their own plugin?"

The background to my question is:

I am having immense difficulty finding information about:

(1) a specific plugin (Video); and (2) SDK Reference that clearly illustrates the plugin interface, and guide on how to create a 3rd party one.

The manual says :"Javascript programmers can make new plugins (and behaviors) using the Javascript SDK."

Indeed, the manual refers to the SDK Reference 4 times (with a link in it) but none of the links work:

"See the Javascript SDK documentation for more information."

The manual also refers to the word plugin 66 times and yet there's no third party guide as implied should exist, vis-a-vis:

Plugin and Behavior SDK

Javascript programmers can extend Construct 2 with their own plugins and behaviors. See the Javascript SDK documentation for more information.

Plugins

Plugins define a kind of object. For example, a Sprite is a kind of object, and the Audio object is a different kind. These are defined by the Sprite plugin and Audio plugin respectively. (etc)

Is anyone able to give me a fast-track introduction to both the 3rd party video plugin, and how a third party can create their own plugin.

Kind regards,

Anthony

• If you go to the Manual page, at the top are four tabs. The second one is SDK.

Broken links can be reported on the Website issues forum.

There's a Plugins forum with dozens of third-party plugins you can download, and look at their code.

• Javascript SDK manual

The links work in the online manual. They're only broken in the offline manual, and the issue has previously been reported and should be fixed at the next stable update.

Moved to Javascript SDK forum. If you have questions about a specific third party plugin, you should direct those questions to the plugin developer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks chaps, brilliant!

• ... Is anyone able to give me a fast-track introduction to ... how a third party can create their own pluginxquirrel Check out the plugin tutorial link in my signature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)