What shader effects do you want?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • tulamide

What about js-hqx ?

Can be used as a shader (for the top layer) ? Or how can be implemented in C2 ?

• tgeorgemihai It's not a shader, it's rendering. We can't add this because C2 engine conflicts with scale canvas control.

It would be another option than linear and point, you should make a new suggestion thread in C2 general sub-forum

• I'd really like to see a WebGL effect for rim-lights. A simple additive light from set angle and with freedom to set RGB colors and the effect's radius. Do those terms even make sense?

• I wish a good water effect with fluid physics and optical glare effect. Is it possible?

• Optical glare(flare?) effect could be created with just sprites and some genious scripting. The water effect would require the shader to blend with another, which I guess isn't really something WebGL can do.

• Hard Light for a neon type glow! I can get the effect by using multiple effects and sprites right now, but it's a pain.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would love to have a shader effect (or I guess blend mode) that would add the alfa of a foreground image to the background. (and otherwise ignore the foreground image).

Just like the destination in blend mode, only the alfa of the foreground image is not subtracted from the luminosity of the background, but added to the alfa of the background (making it transparent instead of black)

It would be extremely useful for solving problems like the one I'm describing here:

• I'm a beginner, can anyone tell me how to create the effect of breaking blocks like super mario? Or point me to a thread that talks about this?

• I'd really like to see a WebGL effect for rim-lights. A simple additive light from set angle and with freedom to set RGB colors and the effect's radius. Do those terms even make sense?

I second this one. Though would prefer screen over additive blending, which can get a bit extra-glowly. When I'm slapping rimlight on stuff in post for my day job (animation stuff), screen blending always ends up being the way to go.

• dynamic lighting/shadowing/volumetric 2d lights

palettes! - I want to be able to run fancy stuff but then still output to a 32 color palette

Sheepy +250 - if nobody else is working on this I have been thinking about picking up the ball. I just haven't ever made a shader before. I do have the the programing knowledge though so it shouldnt be too hard right?

• Blur mask shader. Would be cool to fake DOF in isometric games, or add instagram style DOF faking.

• Blur mask shader. Would be cool to fake DOF in isometric games, or add instagram style DOF faking.

+1

• dynamic lighting/shadowing/volumetric 2d lights

check this out https://twitter.com/Scirra/status/46735 ... 76/photo/1

Blur mask shader. Would be cool to fake DOF in isometric games, or add instagram style DOF faking.

+1

sec'd, third'd!

Make it happen, Scirra Team!

• > dynamic lighting/shadowing/volumetric 2d lights

>

check this out https://twitter.com/Scirra/status/46735 ... 76/photo/1

> Blur mask shader. Would be cool to fake DOF in isometric games, or add instagram style DOF faking.

>

+1

HOLY COWS 0.0 . I was looking at trying to work out this on my own, but wow, no need lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)