[Effect] Normal Map Extended 1.01 (Updated -13 Jul)

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
High quality backgrounds for games and videos with over 1000 images!
  • I don't know how to invert Y but all the programs i use have the option to invert Y or X before export. Check your program, what you use?

Also have you tried only this:

Every tick:

set effect "NormalMapExtended" Parameter 0 to mouse.x/WindowWidth

set effect "NormalMapExtended" Parameter 1 to mouse.y/WindowHeight

Also, have you the last version of Firefox?

Have you tried this live demo on firefox?:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/659 ... index.html

The light is down the mouse? Is using the .capx demo provided, so if this live demo work on your firefox i not understand why when you compile not. In the case neither works, check if you have tha last version of firefox.

But well, maybe in your code have something that modify any parameter that affect to the normalmaps i don't know. But also is weird that in Chrome/Nw.js works and not in Firefox.

On firefox it doesnt work properly (using 39):

• donan I'm using firefox 39.0 and works correct so i guess maybe is not for firefox, but if works on chrome i not understand. BTW, actually Chrome have the best capabilities of HTML5-WebGL.

I guess in NW.JS works correct? . Really i don't know, in my case works on everything except Opera Browser but because have the worst Html5-WebGL compatibilities. In the rest works the same.

The capture is from the Livedemo or from a compilation made with the .capx ? If you can please try the capx or create an entire new proyect with an image with normalmap and try if works.

I guess tomorrow i will create some .capx to see if is problem of the LayerToCanvas. Without them continue working in case you not use scrollTO. So when i release this live demos/capx will see if there is any change or simply is there something wrong in firefox that i don't know.

• donan I'm using firefox 39.0 and works correct so i guess maybe is not for firefox, but if works on chrome i not understand. BTW, actually Chrome have the best capabilities of HTML5-WebGL.

I guess in NW.JS works correct? . Really i don't know, in my case works on everything except Opera Browser but because have the worst Html5-WebGL compatibilities. In the rest works the same.

The capture is from the Livedemo or from a compilation made with the .capx ? If you can please try the capx or create an entire new proyect with an image with normalmap and try if works.

I guess tomorrow i will create some .capx to see if is problem of the LayerToCanvas. Without them continue working in case you not use scrollTO. So when i release this live demos/capx will see if there is any change or simply is there something wrong in firefox that i don't know.

Tried both, live and capx and both give same issue.

Created a new file using custom normal map, and both seems to show the same, but not the examples

• donan So the new files created works correctly in both?

So, i guess in the new files you are using the same events conditions for X/Y coordinates, right?

In the new files are you using families too? If not, can you use Families like the .capx to see if this is the problem?

Can you post the .capx file on that NormalMap Extended works on both FIrefox/Chrome to see the differences, please?

Maybe there is also an option on "Project properties" that i marked/add on the examples that when you create a new one they are disabled.

If none of this things changes i don't know what more can be :S .

donan Will be great if you can try all that to see in what moment the NormalMap stop working on FireFox to avoid the problem.

• Hi guys

just want to share my last wip with you, using normalmap shader.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48232504/test/index.html

• Hi guys

Hey looks great! thanks for share!

• matriax Looks awesome! Thanks a lot!

• donan So the new files created works correctly in both?

So, i guess in the new files you are using the same events conditions for X/Y coordinates, right?

In the new files are you using families too? If not, can you use Families like the .capx to see if this is the problem?

Can you post the .capx file on that NormalMap Extended works on both FIrefox/Chrome to see the differences, please?

Maybe there is also an option on "Project properties" that i marked/add on the examples that when you create a new one they are disabled.

If none of this things changes i don't know what more can be :S .

donan Will be great if you can try all that to see in what moment the NormalMap stop working on FireFox to avoid the problem.

From what i tested it is due to my resolution. Im using 4k at home, and changing it to a smaller resolution works with only a little bit of offset.

• Nice job but...

I don't like the method that you used for make multiple lights... It works but there aren't a way to pass a dynamic js array instead of different variable to the shader?

• Hi guys

You use this shader only? How did you make the player shadow projection?

• Nice job but...

I don't like the method that you used for make multiple lights... It works but there aren't a way to pass a dynamic js array instead of different variable to the shader?

No idea .

• tatogame

I use the shader for normalmap only, Shadow is a fake as I dont kow how to use shadow caster (give me wierd results)

So my shadow is just a shadow sprite, with deformation, position and opacity depending on the light position X,Y and lightsprite (shinny) layer, so Shinny can be front or back , left or right of the character, and project or not shadow.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • matriax I'm criticizing the maintainability, not the optimization... It would be nice that Construct 2 (maybe I have to ask that to Ashley ?) supports a dynamic array instead of predefined variables on Shaders.

Maybe I will try to edit the shader (I also trying to make something similar), maybe to add also a Tangent map http://www.terathon.com/code/tangent.html because actually the normal map doesn't work on scaled and rotated sprites

• I am unable to place lights

In the example, light not show below the mouse.

Can anyone help me??

Sorry for bad english

• I am unable to place lights

In the example, light not show below the mouse.

Can anyone help me??

Sorry for bad english

Create a new document create your own tiles with normal maps. Some people have some problems with the document provided, i don't know why :S .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)