Blur Mask

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hey Folks !

Is there a possible way to achieve a blur mask shader (gaussian blur mask or blur horizontal mask or... blur etc ?

I was trying to tweak the original blur horizontal shader but ..... I just don't get it .

I am confused with samplerFront,samplerBack and gl_FragColor things.

Also I am pretty sure that there is a lot of people who has requested this type of effect in the past but with no luck of response so far.

So.....yeah if anyone can make this kind of shader please share it or some kind of a "guide" about the shader mask thing, like the radial pixellate to radial pixellate mask.

Thanks.

• Hey Folks !

Is there a possible way to achieve a blur mask shader (gaussian blur mask or blur horizontal mask or... blur etc ?

I was trying to tweak the original blur horizontal shader but ..... I just don't get it .

I am confused with samplerFront,samplerBack and gl_FragColor things.

Also I am pretty sure that there is a lot of people who has requested this type of effect in the past but with no luck of response so far.

So.....yeah if anyone can make this kind of shader please share it or some kind of a "guide" about the shader mask thing, like the radial pixellate to radial pixellate mask.

Thanks.

What about this? Is this of any use?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi zenox98

Well ,that is a really nice effect but i cant use it as a blur "mask" (blur a portion of the layout or a portion of a layer behind of the object with the effect applied) because it isnt a blur mask.

Think it like the C2 build in effect hexagonal pixellate mask (this effect can hexagonal pixellate all the objects that are behind of the object with the effect aplplied) but instead of this lets say a gaussian blur mask or in general a blur mask (horizontal , vertical or what ever) .

Thanks for the reply .

• All right i got it was quite simple.

Soon i will write it on the tutorial section.

• what did you end up doing? did you do a tutorial?

• Hey jobel hi.

Go to the tutorials section .

Cheers.

• cool thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)